21. Obligación

21.

Obligación in Spanish.

Obligation in English and French.

Obligatio in Latin.

“You seemed glowing, Adrienne.  Something you’re not telling us?”  Cynthia , one of her officemates asked her when she and the girls were chatting at the corridor.

Adrienne shook her head.  “No.  Not really.  I just feel better than any other day in my life, that’s all.”

At the same moment, Justin appeared on the corridor.

She looked at him.  He stopped by her side.  She didn’t say anything, quite uncertain how she will behave with him in front of her other girl colleagues.  The same ones who were drooling on him. 

She was surprised when he put his arms around her waist.

“Pick you up after work?”   He asked.

She smiled shyly and nodded.  Then he bent down and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.  Then he looked at the other girls and said, “Have a nice day, ladies.”

When he was gone, all the girls in front of her were open-mouthed and wide-eyed, except for Jill.

“What the hell…”  Cynthia started.

“Okay.  So you’re the mystery girl?”  Anna, the receptionist asked.

“What mystery girl?”  Adrienne asked.

“Well, when Ivan, Garry’s new assistant asked Justin to go clubbing with him where he’ll introduce him to some girls, he said, ‘Sorry, man.  I’ve got a girlfriend’.

Girlfriend.  That word made her heart skip a beat.  She’s Justin Adams’s girlfriend  when he was known to dodge commitments any chance he gets.  And now… he’s hers.  Somehow, she still couldn’t believe all this is happening to her.