1.5; when you can't stop blushing

DAY 5: "I'm a quidditch player, and you're the announcer, and I am trying really hard not to notice that your comments about me are becoming less and less about how i'm playing, and more and more about how I look in my quidditch uniform."

WHEN YOU CAN'T STOP BLUSHING (AND NEITHER CAN YOUR HAIR)

„Hey, do you have a minute?" Matteo asks her as she leaves Great Hall after dinner.

"Yeah, I think I have," she answers, but adds after a second of thinking with furrowed brows, "you guys shouldn't throw a party or something?"

It's Saturday and Slytherin won today's Quidditch match with Ravenclaw. They did it pretty quickly since Matteo is a Seeker, really good one she has to admit. He is the best and they both know it.

Hell, every student in Hogwarts knows it.

"We are, but later. Now I wanted to talk to you about... something." He scratches the back of his neck. Oh, it's going to be something awkward if he is that embarrassed.

"Okay, I guess. Shoot." Matteo looks around.

"I'd rather choose some more private place for this conversation." This is going to be hard.

Luna wants to say something but he takes her hand, I repeat, he takes her hand and pulls her out of Great Hall, ignoring weird stares of people sitting by the tables. Like he doesn't care about storm in Ambar's eyes and glares from Simón.

She lets him lead her wherever he wants without thinking. When they reach some huge corridor which Luna hasn't seen before Matteo checks first door and after doing it he invites her inside. It's an old class, she has never been to one of these left empty classes. This room is quiet and surely no one will find them here.

Well, when I imagined empty class and Matteo Balsano it wasn't this awkward

I didn't imagine it

OK, maybe just one time

Matteo leans his back against the wall and puts his hands into the pockets.

"I wanted to talk to you because I have a weird question." He closes his eyes and takes deep breath. "Since this year you have been the Announcer, right?"

"Yeah...?" What's this all about? Every second makes Luna more anxious.

"Stars, it's even harder than I had thought." Luna is still surprised her hair hasn't gone crazy so far, because her heart had already left the ribcage. "I am trying really hard not to notice that," Matteo stops, taking his hands from the pockets and lets fingers brush through his dark hair.

"Oh, calm down, it can't be that bad. I am sure." Luna reassures him leaning on the sharp edge of some old desk, because she also tries to prepare for situation when she will be forced to fall on it.

"I am trying really hard not to notice that your comments about me are becoming less and less about how I'm playing, and more and more about how I look in my Quidditch uniform."

Woah

He dropped a bomb here

Oh by the black hole

Are you using his astronomy curse words?

Luna gasps and sits on the desk completely because she isn't sure about her knees and feet anymore. Matteo looks like he wants to jump out of the window, but the only jumping he can do is jumping to the conclusions.

"I haven't said anything like that, Matteo." She crosses her arms, ready to fight even if it's him and he will know immediately.

Because he always knows

"Luna, please," he asks closing his eyes.

"I haven't." Matteo shakes his head with resignation.

"Would you like me to add any quote to make you stop denying?" Now he is the one crossing arms. He opens his mouth but Luna cuts him.

"Okay, maybe I did say something. Just a little." Why he's doing this to me?

"A little?" Matteo's eyebrow is really high.

Luna doesn't really remember specific lines she said during the Quidditch match earlier. She just let them leave her mouth and fade in the air.

But why he pushes so hard?

Why he wants to know it?

"Fine, stop torturing me." Thing that is making her feel a little better is fact Matteo seems feeling as uncomfortably as her, or even more.

"I am torturing myself as much, don't worry. I guess it's the price of being curious and forcing you into a corner."

"I'll stop doing this, pinky promise. I know we are friends," ouch, "I don't want to destroy what we have, okay?" His eyes are constantly on her, but now they are colder.

Matteo is silent for a few minutes which feel like a thousand years.

"Your hair is carmine again." What? Is he really serious now?

"Does it change anything?" Luna takes red, red strand with her fingers and sighs loudly. He is looking at her because her hair, of course.

"It is because of me, isn't it?" No shit, Sherlock

"Yes." Finally something can leave her mouth, yet her voice is still raspy. "What should I told you now?"

She would tell him anything if he only asked. They are here alone and dust flying around the room, visible because of the sun coming through misted glass of the windows.

Even if they are in Hogwarts constantly, this place has its own magic.

"I don't know." Well, thanks

"What would you like to hear?"

"I don't really know." It is soooo awkward. Please, can someone come here before her hair will light on fire? Because her cheeks are already burned. Just like her soul.

And probably her heart, but she will worry about this later.

"I am sorry." She says again, not knowing actually why.

"You understand things between Ambar and me, don't you?" OH SHIT

Luna slaps her forehead. "She is going to kill me. I am so sorry Matteo, I just got carried and I didn't think and..."

"Stop. Don't be sorry anymore, Luna. You can't be sorry when it comes to me. I broke up with Ambar and I am not going back." She knew this one about break up, but not going back? Ambar has been doing everything for those weeks to get him back. (Of course subtly, but Luna is observer lately.)

"Huh?" She can't understand anything now.

"That's why I took you here." He is so blushing!

"Why?"

Stop asking stupid questions

"Next question, it's that you just find me attractive or you like me or some other thing?"

"Well... I find you attractive..." His face falls a little, he bites his lower lip slightly. She wants to do the same.

You need to do this this time, you know?

"...But I, you know, kind of like you. More than I would like to admit."

He looks so relieved now, so relieved.

Matteo comes up to her and suddenly his hand caresses her cheekbone gently.

"Thank the universe," his smile is so genuine, "I thought I'd have to leave this room without kissing you."