Chapter End

I'm lazy, okay? Too lazy to continue this. So I have decided to post a bunch of bit and pieces of that I already had planned. They appear in random order and typically each one is from a different chapter than the last.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Scene One:

      "Oh, do shut up," she snapped, shooting Kay* a poisonous glare. Amanda's mood was rapidly declining again, and she really didn't feel like dealing with the Graveyard at the moment, let alone its damnable creations. Not today, anyway**. Today she would sulk and wallow in self pity all she wanted, refusing to let anything cheer her up. And there's nothing anyone can do about, she declared stubbornly.

      "You know you loooove me," he taunted, dancing backwards out of reach as if expecting the slap that she was preparing to deliver. Which, of course he had already known about it the second the thought formed. It seemed that the Graveyard knew everything these days. Amanda found it to be quite annoying, really; she could never seem to get the drop on anyone, save for Mia, who didn't really count. Besting a butterfly wasn't that thrilling, honestly. Even one with human thoughts.

      "No, I detest the very air you breathe and damn it for allowing you to live another day," the short girl stated in an exasperated way, rolling her eyes for good measure. By now she had lost all interest in arguing with him; it had been fun at first, but after what felt like hours, she had lost interest and gone back to sulking.

       In theory, the Graveyard had created the perfect person for her on such a day, Kay being the direct opposite of him. But it seemed that her dearest Gravey simply didn't know how to accept a victory and walk away while still on top. Oh, no; instead it had to keep on pushing until its joke just wasn't that funny any more. Like one of those shitty comedians who last for about a month before going belly up. Needless to say, Amanda was not amused.

      "You love me," the white-haired boy insisted, clasping his hands together behind his back and rocking back on his heels. After a few moments of slowly tipping backwards, he finally fell back all together and levitated off the ground a few inches. Amanda had to admit that old Gravey had done its homework, yet she could still spot the flaws in the boy's appearance: eye color slightly off, a little too yellow; smirk too much like his brother's rather than his own; a few clumps of hair that Amanda's OCD mind had instantly marked as out of place.

      "Can't you go die already?" the short Sailor inquired sweetly, voice laced with sugary tones as she offered a polite smile. It was no use in giving an actually believable display; the Graveyard picked up on when she was acting and when she wasn't. Amanda had simply stopped trying to hide things and merely went about being blatantly obvious when she was faking. It was kind of amusing, in a twisted, not-so-amusing way.

      "You first," Kay snarked with a sarcastic smile and elaborate bow, as if beckoning her through a door. He tipped his head up a second later, orange eyes narrowed as he peered up at her with a smirk. "Oh, I'm sorry. You already did."

      "Then you should have no problems waiting on me," she reasoned placidly, refusing to be ruffled by the comment. It was rather interesting to see how far she could push the Graveyard, to test it's limits and ponder the possibility of pushing it over an edge. Perhaps one day she might just drag the damned thing down into insanity with her.

      "Yes, yes. I better get on with it then, hm?" the tall boy asked with a shark-like grin. Amanda instantly tensed, recognizing it as not Kay's or anyone else's, but as Gravey's own personal smile. Sure enough, purple flames emerged along the edges of his pupil, devouring the orange coloring whole until only violet irises remained. Kay - or rather, the Graveyard, offered her a wink and cooed a moment before disappearing, "Oh, and happy anniversary."