Chapter 42

Uploaded on 07/06/2017

"I hope she is okay."

"What happened to your face dad?" Natasha asked. "You should have been here yesterday when Hanna needed you."

I felt a strong grip on my hand as I struggled to open my eyes. I could hear them talking, feel them around me but I couldn't move my body at all. It felt as if I was encased in ice.

"Someone tried to mug me outside the hospital." Dad said gruffly.

Natasha snorted. "I know something is up with you dad. You have been behaving strange lately. Do you want to talk to someone about mom."

I felt the grip on my hand loosen. "I don't need to speak with anyone. What you need to do Natasha is sort out your own house before you start dissing out advice."

Natasha sucked in a long breath. "Dad..." She must have gotten up as I heard a chair scrape against the floor. "You are losing your mother fucking mind."

The door opened and closed with a soft click.

"I fear you are right..." My dad said quietly to himself. I couldn't opened my eyes to see what was wrong with him but I felt water drop onto my hand. "Hanna... What am I going to do?"

I am here I cried but no sound came out my mouth.

"First your mother now you." He kept talking his voice sounding broken. "I want to die Hanna-banna. I can't live like this." I felt him raise my hand to place it on his cheek. "You and your sister are better off without me. You have your own lives now. Children of your own. I beaten cancer to live out my life alone without my wife? No. When you wake up Hanna-banna I be gone but I will love you forever."

No, Dad No! – I screamed Someone help me, help my father. Just where was Justin and Jackson. They should be here with me.

"Hey." I heard Justin say, he must have just walked into the room. "Is there any improvements?"

I felt my hand being lowered to the bed. "None. How is Max?" Dad asked. "Would you like to take my chair Jackson?"

"No changes in Max condition." Justin answered the same time Jackson spoke.

"No.. No... You stay there I can sit beside my brother." Jackson replied. I could hear a chair being moved in the room.

"There is no need for you to move that chair son. I have already said my goodbyes." Dad let go of my hand, placing it gently on the bed. "You men make sure you take good care of my daughter."

"Sir?" Justin questioned his voice uncertain. "Are you alright?"

Dad cleared his throat. "I am fine. Never been so clear in my life.

I inhaled smelling the strong scent of my father cologne when he leaned down to kiss my forehead.

Don't let him leave! Justin, Jackson!

The door opened and shut to my inner turmoil. I screamed so hard but my sound was unheard. They need to find him. Find my father.

"Should we go after him?" Jackson asked his brother. "He doesn't seem himself. Something is off."

Yes! Go after him. Ask him if he is alright. Don't take no for an answer.

There was a moment of silence as Justin must be thinking over what Jackson said. "You can go. I stay with Hanna."

There was a vibration. "I can't. I have just received a text from Carson. He found Daniel renting a house with the baby. He has applied for an emergency passport. He is planning on leaving the country in two days."