In a Dark Moon 5

"Oh! It looks marvelous on you darling!" Madame La Brodeur gushed to me in her heavy french accent as I twirled in the full length mirror in her shop, watching my figure that was wrapped in a shamelessly beautiful gown that made my skin glow and my eyes shine.

I had been here for the past two hours, trying on dozens of the dresses that Madame had made for me, while also getting Edith some gowns as well. We were both currently giggling at our reflections in the mirror, Edith in a pale blue gown and myself in an ivory silk dress. On most days, I would not think twice about a gown, but I am still on the high that the "Duke" could not accompany me, something that supposedly brought out my inner self-indulgence.

"Let me fix the sleeves for you ma cheríe, they are too tight." Madame said while taking my hand in hers to examine the sleeve. I looked back to the mirror and inspected myself, admiring the way the fabric wrapped around my svelte figure. I was pulled out of my reverie when I heard a startled gasp.

"Ma cheríe! What happened to your hand?" Madame La Brodeur cried in astonishment as she peered closely down at my right hand. My eyes snapped to the hand she was holding and snatched it from her to investigate it myself, and what I saw took my breath away.

A dark design took up the back of my hand, spirals of black flourishing out into vines of ebony over my alabaster skin. The curls made their way all the way up to the tip my ring finger, twirling around like wisps of dark ribbon. All of the design that took up my hand was black, except for two tiny symmetrical dots that sat in the middle of my hand. The dots were a bright, obnoxious shade of blood red and with a start, I realized it was blood. My blood.

My eyes widened in horror as I stared down at the two identical dots of red, trying to think of how in the world I had gotten this design. No one could have made this without me knowing, I surely would have realized if some one was holding onto my hand and drawing intricate designs on it.

I wet the tip of my fingers on my left hand, and started to frantically scrub at my right one, trying desperately to get the mark off of my hand. Mother would kill me if she ever saw it on my hand. I knew too well what she did the last time she found a small marking on my skin.

It was at the tender age of eleven when I had been working on my penmanship skills, trying to perfect the art of "ladylike" writing composure. I had been excelling, my hand flying across the page, while my eyes appraised the wonderful sprawling letters I had so painstakingly tried to create. However, I did not realize that I had smudged the bottom of my hand with a slight nick of ink. It was not till later, when mother had gasped while roughly taking my hand to examine it closer.

Needless to say, she found the mark, and I had to endure an extra three hours of the "back board" to help me improve posture. I had stayed in bed for a good two days afterwards. That had just been for a small mark, now that I had a massive inking all over my hand, I could only dream the pain and torture that was bound to come from that board.

"I do not know what happened!" I cried out, getting frustrated as the design stayed put on the middle of my hand. I started to cry in earnest now, crystal like tears streaming down my face.

"Miss! Miss! Don't get so sad! We will go back to the estate and I will use all the rose extract oil to try and get it out! It will also be our secret, I promise to not tell your mother about the marking on your hand!" Edith frantically tried to calm my nerves, but her soothing tone only served to make me cry harder.

We all sat there, my sniffling being the only sound heard, until an excited squeal was heard from Madame. I snapped my head up only to catch her running quickly into the back room of her shop, only to come out a second later with a long, lavender box.

"Ma cherie, you will not be able to wear these all the time but until you get that mark off, these will suffice," she gushed as she opened the box to reveal a magnificent pair of silk and lace gloves. She gently took them out of the box, and lifted my hand before putting it on delicately.

"Oh thank you madame, I will pay extra for these." I murmured while looked admiringly down at the gloves.

"No! This is a gift for being such a loyal customer all these years, ma cherie!" Madame said with tiny wink. And for the time being, I was satisfied.

Well, until I thought of how could the "tattoo" have gotten there.

~*~

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk so I know I said I would be writing more, well I got some writers block.....like major.....And I know this isn't very long but I could not for the life of me or the existence of cookies think of anything to write!!!!

So I hope this will suffice! I will try to be writing more as it is summer and I will have a little more freetime! Love yall....

ALSO
CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE COMMENT/ VOTE so like VOMMMENT?

I would love the support and encouragement! It really helps to motivate me and also it just makes my day when I see that! SO PLEASEEEEE do me a favor and VOMMENT!

LOVE YALL AGAIN BYEEEEEE