12

Rio was upstairs laying in bed when he heard someone at the door. Not thinking anything of it, he decided to shower. Once he finished, he walked into the living room downstairs. "Who was at the door?" He asked Damon. Damon scrutinised Rio, before ultimately deciding not to tell his brother anything, He didn't think his brother would go against Elijah.
"No one, don't worry about it."
"I'm sure there was someone at the door. The doorbell doesn't just ring."
"Well, it was no one you should worry about, dear brother." Damon replied, not wanting his brother to pry more.
"Why are you being nice? You never say 'dear'"
"I'm not. Anyways-" He was cut off by the doorbell ringing. Rio went to the door and opened it. Outside stood a woman. The woman Damon had blown off earlier at the bar.
"Nevermind, Demon. I'll see if Stefan's around." With that, Rio walked off. He hadn't wanted to stick around to accidentally overhear something he didn't want to. He pulled out his phone and got in his car. 
"What do you want this time, big brother?"
"Hello to you too, little Stefano. Damon's got someone over, Lottie is having a day out with her best friend and that leaves you. Meet me at the grill."
"Sure. In a bit, though. There's something I have to do first." Stefan hung up, and Rio was left wondering what he could do alone. He was bored. He hadn't expected to be alone as he walked through what used to be his hometown. He was left thinking about Lottie, his gorgeous wife. He knew any other man would probably be feeling more insecure at this point, not that Rio wasn't insecure enough, but he'd had that part of his life done. He'd spent way too much time with her to know she wouldn't leave him just yet. 

Before he knew it, Rio arrived at the grill. He walked up to the bartender, someone other than that boy he'd seen almost every time he was here, and ordered some bourbon. A woman came up to him, "Hello there, I feel like I've seen you before."
"I don't recognise you, sorry." He said looking at her once before focusing on his drink.
"Are you sure? Oh well, maybe it was in my dreams." It took all that was in Rio not to burst out laughing at her lame attempt of a pick up. It was worse than his.
"I'm married." He said, lifting up his hand, showing his ring.
"You don't have to be for the night." She replied in a way that she supposed was seductive.
"I'm faithful to my wife. I love her, so please leave me alone." The woman couldn't seem to get a hint as she leaned in closer. He moved back and got off his stool. "What are you doing?"
"You know you want to."
"I really don't." He said. He didn't understand why she wouldn't leave him alone. He attempted to move away from her without harming her, but she didn't seem to be backing off. Seeing Stefan walk into the bar, he waved over his brother and pleaded for help. 
"Hi, who are you?" Stefan said, not hiding his smirk.
"His girlfriend, you?"
"Woah, woah, woah. That was more like harassment than anything else." Rio was quick to say.
"I'm his brother actually, and I find it curious that he'd have a girlfriend when he's got a wife. Rio, I'm disappointed. What will Charlotte think?"
"Shut it, Stefan. I don't know who she is. Lottie's always been the one for me."
"Not tonight love. Tonight, I'm all yours." The girl wasn't relenting. Stefan supposed she was attractive, but he had his mind set on Elena.
"No. I'm sorry, please pick up someone else, but leave me alone." Rio tried again.
"Fine." The girl stormed away and out of the grill, muttering "Why didn't it work?" 
"That was hilarious." Stefan commented.
"No, actually it was a nightmare. I wish Lottie were here. She could've gotten the girl to leave without a complaint."
"So could have you. Compulsion remember."
"Oh yeah. I don't use it much. Guess I forgot."
"You don't compel people?" Stefan asked, mouth agape. "What is the worst thing you did as a vampire, Mr I'm-a-saint?"
"Almost kill a human. And I'm not a saint, Stefano. I just like to live by my morals. And I do compel, just not often. What about you?"
"Murder. A lot of it. I can't really handle my blood, so if I do drink human blood, I get completely overwhelmed and rip into them, literally. I once massacred a bunch of people. I liked to torture whoever annoyed me, I was the worst thing you can think of."
"Oh. And now you're drinking bunny blood."
"Or deer, if I get hungry enough."
"So you like to eat Mr rabbit and Bambi?"
"Don't say it like that."
"What other way is there to say it?"
"I don't know. Just that there is."
"Whatever. Do you want a drink?"
"Yes get me anything." Rio called over the bartender and ordered. 
"So Stefan, I'm thinking of getting a job around here. Is your school hiring?"
"You are not coming to teach at my school!"
"Why not? I'm going to go in tomorrow and ask." Rio smirked.
"There is no way you're coming to teach at my school Tiberius. No."
"You seem to be forgetting I'm older than you. You can't tell me what to do."
"You can't teach at my school."
"The more you ask me not to, the more I do want to."
"Fine, do as you will. You'll do anything you want, Rio. No matter my opinion."
"Great. I'll go to the head tomorrow. Do you want to come with me? You can help me with compulsion."
"I thought you said you never used it."
"I do. I just don't use it very often. There's a difference, little brother."
"Whatever."
"Do you suppose Damon's lady friend is gone yet?"
"She's probably dead or almost dead. We should probably get going."
"Come on. You have a car?"
"I ran."
"Well I'm driving, and you're getting a ride in my car. Now hop in." Rio said. Stefan just rolled his eyes and the journey home was silent.