After Dark

Chapter Five: After Dark

"Aubria!" They called.

"Whattt!" Aubria shouted.

"Take us back to the room!!!!" Joseph called sternly.

"Alright, don't get sassy with me," Aubria said shaking and snapping her fingers, and the portal had opened, but this time the portal gave a clear sight of Jamie's room, when...

"Jamie, Joseph, We are going out with our bingo buddies, be back later," the adults gave that note, and it continued to say, "Don't go anywhere, stay in the apartment, so you can continue the investigation, call us on your cellular phone when you're done." Of course, the grownups were not coming back till morning, they weren't going back until they knew it was over. They could careless about the investigation, they just don't want to be scared out of their wits when they were in front of the children. Just then, Jamie's light began to flicker,

"Stop! Aubria, we know," Jamie called. The flickering stopped, and the teens continued talking, like they have done before,

"What'll happen, I'm scared," Jamie said to Joseph.

"Don't be, I'm here, I'll protect you," Jose[h said as he was reaching out to Jamie's hand, they held hands, and looked into each others eyes, till who knows when, it seemed like forever to Jamie. He leaned in almost touching shoulders, then he seemed not so sure any more.

"What's wrong?" Jamie asked Joseph backing away.

"I'm not sure if you like me or not. I mean people tell me one thing and then do another," Joseph blurted. Had it really happened, had he opened up?

"Well, you won't know a thing, if you don't take the risk of asking me. And even if I didn't like you, I still wouldn't trade you for the world." Jamie answered while holding his hand.

"What?!" Joseph said starting to tear up, "I just don't know, you seem like you like me, but---" Joseph was suddenly stopped by Jamie jerking herself over, and gently touching her lips to his, one second to another, she suddenly felt a tear hit her lip, and it wasn't hers.

"Shhh, it's okay," Jamie took a breath and whispered, as she suddenly starts to pull away, as if she was turning pale.

"Are you okay?" Joseph asked his breath of fresh air, she started crying. She wasn't sure what to do, so joseph grabbed her, slid to her backside, and hugged her, in a comforting gesture.

"RRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM," Jamie's phone went off. "Oh, it's Kat, "Hey Kat," Jamie said, wiping away her tears.

"I called to see how it was going like I promised." Kat said, "And to see if you guys started the investigation,"

"No," Joseph called out to Kat on the phone. "Hang on," Joseph said as Jamie put Kat on mute.

"Should we tell her about what happened, or no," Jamie said. Right then Kat decided to switch to Facetime, so Kat was watching their every move.

"Not now, tell her later," Joseph replied. "But I do wanna know if you'll go out with me." As soon as Joseph quit talking, Jamie leaned in a gave him a peck on the cheek.

"AWWWWWW get some Jamie," Kat shouted. "You guys are soo cuute,"

"Kat!!!!!" Jamie said.

"Uh oh, BYE," Kat said while pressing the end button.

" She's my bestie, but she aggravates me sometimes," Jamie said.

"I know, mine gets on my nerves too," Joseph said as he caressed her hair.

"I think that we should get her back," Jamie said. "She likes your 'bro', hehe."

"Yea, I'll grab my phone, because he likes her too," Joseph said acting kind of sarcastic. He gave her a kiss on the forehead, and the rest of her minutes alone were completely silent.

Usually this hotel's lobby was silent at night, not tonight. Kayla Morker showed up at the door saying, "Pizza delivery, for uhhh, five-twenty-six."

"Yea, wait here, I'll go check, But please don't vandalize the building, I cant afford it outta my paycheck," Manager Mackenzie said. All of a sudden a big flash of lightning flew in, a long with a round of thunder.

"Wow, look at the storm, Joseph, but we gotta go back to Aubria's lair in ten minutes." Jamie assured Joseph.

"Fine, Fine, fin--" he was cut off by the ring on the doorbell. They looked out the peekhole and saw Mackenzie the manager standing at the door.

"Come in," Joseph said.

"I need to inform you, Kayla Morker is here from school," Mackenzie said.

"Don't let her in, Thank you, Kenz, text me," Joseph said.

"You're welcome," Mackenzie said as the door shut, Jamie elbowed him, and Joseph.

"Dude, c'mon we gotta go," Jamie said running back to her room.

"Fine!" Joseph said, "Yea, I know, investigation time!" Joseph said sarcastically.