Prologue: Thoughts Unseen

He drove his old '93 Toyota Camry down Highway 33, listening to the static of his dead radio. The car did not have a CD player, and he was feeling too lazy and tired to bother getting a cassette tape from the glove compartment. Letting the haunting static ring out he tried to stay awake. Knowing full well that he should have never left, yet he could not help himself. Perhaps he should have waited till morning, but the dream he had woken up from felt so real, and little over 15 minutes later, he still didn't feel like this was a bad idea; it still felt real.

He turned the car as it headed around a corner and was hit with a gust of wind that felt as if it nearly knocked the car over. He almost expected the road to ice over, even though it was the beginning of summer. Once he got full control of driving again he calmed down, and he noticed a female by the side of the road, a couple of hundred feet ahead. He slowed down to a stop right in front of her but didn't pull over, though, as there was nowhere to pull over on the mountain road. He looked over at her and she looked in. He was about to ask her if she needed a ride somewhere, but she got in before he got to ask.

"I guess you do need a ride." He smirked, his dream earlier was nearly gone from his mind now; details of it seemed to disappear. "Good thing I came... along."

She looked at him and said nothing. He shrugged and hit the road again and crept slowly forward. He kept glancing over at her, but she said nothing, and she looked almost disappointed. No. That was a trick of the light. She just looked tired. Made sense, it was around 3 in the morning. After a few moments of silence, he spoke up again.

"It's kinda cold, strangely." He said slightly glancing over at her. "I can warm you up."

He reached for the heater and turned it on. Cold air came flushing out, but it didn't change to heat. Nervously chuckling he glanced at her. "It's a piece a crap of a car." He sighed looking back at the road. "Sorry."

She stayed silent, but he could sware she had been kind of smirking, even if for a moment.

"Would you like some music?" He asked her and fumbled to turn the radio on something that wasn't static. He got nothing. "Strange. Even for this piece of junk. I could get a tape."

He said that but still didn't bother to reach over to the glove compartment to get any. Within moments he turned the radio off, and static was gone, replaced by the sound of the tires whirling slowly along the road.

"I'm Justin, by the way. And who are you?" Justin asked looking over at her.

She stayed silent. Her eyes were closed.

"Oh." He said silently and kept slowly driving towards... who even knew where.

After a few moments of driving, he kept looking over at her. Now that she wasn't awake, he wanted to see who he was helping out. She was very much beautiful, and once he noticed that he kept stealing as many glances over at her, as he was able to. She was wearing some kind of jeans, and loose-fitting, very thin white shirt. Basic clothing, but he found that to be good enough. He continued to focus on the road and his driving. Still not exactly sure what or where he was going, but still feeling as if he were doing the right thing. It did sort of creep him out that he was this invested in just a feeling he had from the dream. He couldn't even really remember it now anyway, or really at all. All that was left was a feeling. A feeling that he needed to do what he was doing, and find something at the end of this road.