Chpater 3: Part 1

Chapter 3: Part 1

MAY’S POV:

        “May?” I hear someone’s voice call out. “May!” I hear I again, but louder this time. I don’t want to get up, this has been the best night of sleep I’ve had in a while. I reluctantly open my eyes and take in my surroundings, where am I? There’s an arm wrapped securely around my waist, what the hell?

I scramble out of the bed and away from who ever was in the bed with me and land hard on the concrete floor. Shit, I’m in a cell. I’m in Austin’s cell. “May, what the hell?” Luke exclaims when he sees me. I give him the keys and he unlocks the cell and pulls me out of there and into a hug.

A low, deadly growl was heard from behind me and in seconds Luke was held against the wall by Austin, “Don’t ever touch my mate like that again. I know what your feelings are towards her and they better fucking stop.” He says venomously, shoving Luke against the wall harder.

I’m frozen there, admiring his bare back, tattoos cover it and all of his muscles are tensed. The rise and fall of his shoulders show that he is trying hard not to shift. I need to get control of this situation, now. “Stop.” I say sternly and Austin loosens his hold on Luke and Luke takes the chance to shove him further away.

Austin glares at him, but doesn’t retaliate. “I have no clue how in the hell I got down here. It was most likely my little bitch of a wolf. She probably took over last night and brought me down here, but I don’t even know. All I do know is I do not want a mate,” My wolf urges me not to speak the next words that come out of my mouth, but I don’t listen to her. “I reject you. I do not need a mate to make me weak.” I finish and look at Austin. The confident smirk that he wore last time we spoke was gone and it was replaces by a frown.

I felt a strong pain in my heart and my wolf whimpers, “Please, don’t do this May.” He spoke softly. I had tears pricking at my eyes. What the hell? No, I can’t cry. Get out of here wolf, your feeling cannot mix with mine. “Go back into your cell.” I say and turn my back on him, leaving Luke to lock him back up. Austin whimpers behind me as I walk away. Never have I ever heard an adult male wolf whimper.

As I pass his accomplice’s cell he watches me, smirking, but I ignore him and head up the stairs. I make my way back to the house and I know Luke is not too far behind me. Why do I have a mate? I always asked not to have one, yet you still give me one. What is wrong with fate?

The walk back is silent and as we arrive back at the pack house the sun begins to rise, making everything around me beautiful and peaceful. I walk up the stairs to the pack house and open the door heading in. I begin to walk up the stairs to go to my room, but Luke stops me, “Will you be alright?” He asks me. Concern is etched across his face.

I think about it, will I be all right? I just rejected my mate and I’m feeling the consequences right now. I just nod, not evening knowing if I’m lying or telling the truth. He doesn’t respond and I make my way up the stairs.

I go into my office and sit behind my desk. I pull out all the papers I need and begin on the things we will be discussing at tonight’s meeting. When I’m finished, I send out a mind link to the whole pack letting them know about tonight’s meeting and the pack dinner behind the house tonight.

At 12:30 I head down to the kitchen after a long morning of thinking and drinking about 2 bottles of wine to numb the pain in my heart. Nothing had seemed to work so I just gave up and thought I’d better make myself some food.

No one’s in the kitchen when I get there and I make myself a ham and cheese sandwich and quickly make two more. I mind link Drake to meet me in the kitchen. About 15 minutes later, he arrives. “What do you need, Alpha?” He asks. “Can you please take these down to the rogues?” He nods in response and takes the food from me.