Chapter Two

Chapter 2:

Word Count: 1,868

♡ A/N: Okay! Don’t kill me! It’s been months since I said I would start doing regular updates and I really wish I stuck with it because I love writing, I just procrastinate a lot. Forgive me? I’m going to give it an honest try from now on. I will start putting in more of an effort and make time! I’ll get into the habit eventually! Anyway, here goes the second chapter! Hope you like it! :D

♒ Juliet’s POV ♒

            Michael stands there with his eyes wide and his jaw hung open. He stares at me intensely as if he’s trying to make sure he isn’t hallucinating and that I’m actually here with him. He blinks a few times and rubs his eyes and I can feel the corners of my mouth go up slightly. He seems like the old Mikey I used to know, but he has changed so much appearance wise. The last time I saw him he had just gotten his hair dyed pink—against his wishes. Now it is jet black and has pink and purple streaks throughout his long bangs…I never thought he would grow them out to that length again.

Aunt Karen let out a throat clearing cough. “I’ll give you two a minute.” She said before going out to the back porch and starting up the grill.

Michael still stands there too stunned to move. He almost says something but then just shakes his head and turns his back on me and walking towards the way he just entered from.

“Michael! Wait!” I run and catch up to him when he turns around and I stop and take a few steps back.

“Juliet… I…” he begins before running his fingers through his hair, pausing for a moment. “What are…why are you here?”

“Wow Michael. I missed you, too….” I see the frustration and the anger in his eyes flare up and take another couple steps back so now I’m at the foot of the stairs.

“Juls, of course I missed you but…it’s been what? Six years? I’m sorry but I think the whole coming back because you miss us thing is farfetched. You have to be here for a reason. Why? And more importantly why did my mother make me promise not to tell him?”

“He can’t know I’m here, Michael.” I sit on the second step and sigh. “He just can’t.”

“That’s not fair.”

“He can’t know, yet anyway. I’m only going to be here for five days and then I’ll be back on a plane heading straight back to London and out of everyone’s hair. Just please, keep this quiet.”

“Wait a minute-- London? What happened to New York?” the anger in his eyes is replaced with confusion, rightfully so.

“There is so much to catch up…believe me.”

“Oh, I know. And don’t make me ask again, Juliet! What are you doing here? Why are you back so suddenly?”

“I just have some unfished business that needs taking care of.”

His jaw clenches and he lets out a laugh. “That is one hell of an understatement don’t you think?”

He is right. It is an understatement but I don’t really want to dive in this conversation right now. I need to change the subject. “Are you not staying here anymore? I noticed your room didn’t seem like you stay there regularly.”

“Yeah, I moved in wish Ashton. The only time I stay here is when he would bring home a girl or something.” His voice is still stern.

“Well, maybe you can stay and have dinner with your mom and me? We’re making burgers.” I try to sound as convincing as I can.