Chapter 3: Ferris Wheel

Chapter 3

“WHA-“ 

“Shhh!” Harry exclaimed, covering my mouth with his hand. “Don’t tell anyone,” He blushed. “Only you and Louis know…” 

“Harry, you just met her,” I whispered. He sighed. “I know, I know. But I feel like I’ve known her for months. I find myself wanting to know more and more about her. I don’t know, I just like everything about her. She’s beautiful.” 

I smiled. This was the cutest thing ever. “If you like her so much, you should make a move on her tonight.” Harry looked worried. “That’s a bit embarrassing, don’t you think? I just don’t know what to do. I-“ 

I interrupted. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll help you out. Now let’s head back before the others get suspicious.” Harry nodded shyly. His face was still red even after we approached the group again. 

“What’s up?” Veronica asked Harry, concerned. “Nothing, love,” Harry responded quickly. 

“So, what are we going to do now?” Liam asked me with his adorable smile. I shrugged. “What do you feel like doing?” 

Veronica suddenly interrupted us. “Let’s go find Louis and Allison!” She suggested rather loudly. The boys had evil smiles on their faces. This can’t be good. 

“It’s not nice to spy on people,” I said loudly. 

“Who said anything about spying?” Niall grinned. “It’s called meddling.” I gave Niall a sympathetic pat on the back. “That’s not very nice either.” He just laughed and messed up my hair. Liam grabbed my hand and smiled.

He led us towards the bumper cars. “How do you know they’re here?” I asked puzzled. “Louis always goes to the bumper cars first,” Zayn replied with an evil grin. What were these boys thinking?

Sure enough, we spotted Louis and Allison jumping in their bumper cars. “Okay, everyone hide!” Harry commanded as he violently shoved Niall to the ground. “Hey, watch it!” Niall replied loudly.

“Shut up, fatty!” 

“What the fu-“

“NIALL.”

“Sorry Liam…”

We all huddled behind a bush. “I already have a plan,” Niall grinned mischievously. Veronica giggled, and I couldn’t help but smile. Niall got up, cupped his hands around his mouth, and screamed at the top of his lungs:

“LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON LOVES ALLISON!” Louis’s eyes opened wide in surprise and ended he up crashing into a wall. “What the hell?!” Lou exclaimed, his face red with embarrassment.

Allison had a worse reaction, however. She giggled. Her giggles exploded into full out laughter, and crashed into Louis. “Why are you laughing?” Louis pouted. “I have no idea,” Allison managed to say in between her fits of laughter. “I guess you could say I’m a bit embarrassed.”

Louis grinned. “Don’t be,” he said and ruffled her hair. “Now, let’s go.” They sped off onto the racetrack, purposely crashing into each other, and laughing like there’s no tomorrow.

“Mission: failed.” I sighed. “Yeah, yeah,” Niall replied sheepishly.

I glanced over at Harry, who returned my stare. “Remember what I told you,” I whispered into his ear. “S-Shut up,” he blushed. “But I’ll try my best.” I winked at him. “Good boy.”

I looked around. “Wait a minute,” I said. “Where’s Zayn?” Liam didn’t look surprised. “He’s probably hitting on a girl right now,” he said. Then again, I’m not very surprised either.

“Let’s go ride something,” Liam suggested. Suddenly, I had an idea. “Let’s go to the haunted house!” I playfully elbowed Harry. “You know what to do.”

So there we had it. We all walked towards the Haunted House, Harry looking quite nervous. “Are you scared of Haunted Houses?” Veronica asked, concerned. “No,” he said with a smile. “I’m scared of my feelings…” He added quietly. “What?” Veronica asked. “Nothing, love.”

Awkward. “Let’s go,” Liam said as all five of us stepped inside of the cart. This ought to be interesting.

“Welcome to my haunted house,” a demonic voice blared through the speakers. “Once you get in, you’ll never get out…”

“That’s what she said,” Niall laughed. I giggled.

However, I have to admit, I was scared…I was so focused on Harry and Veronica I had completely forgotten about myself.

“You okay?” Liam asked me. It was dark, so I could only hear his voice. “Yeah, I’m fi-”

A blood curdling scream interrupted me. I jumped in fear. “No, you’re not okay,” Liam said, concerned. “Here, hold my hand. You’ll be fine.” He grasped my hand. I could feel my heart beat quicken.

A realistic possessed woman popped up out of nowhere, with a gun pointed towards her head. I glanced at Veronica and Harry. “Harry, I’m scared,” Veronica whimpered. She hid her face in his shoulder. “Trust me, I’m as scared as you are,” Harry replied with a cute grin on his face. Smooth.

Suddenly, I heard some crinkling noises as we hit a sharp turn. “What the hell was that?” I asked Liam nervously. “I don’t know,” Liam replied calmly.

“Sorry about that,” Niall answered loudly. “I’m eating potato chips.” Liam sighed. Typical Niall.

Two zombies, five demons, and three ghosts later,the ride was over. It felt like forever. Liam helped me out of the cart, while Veronica gave Harry a big hug. Niall awkwardly got out of the cart holding a massive bag of potato chips. “Where did you even find that?” I asked. “Oh. I found it.” I shook my head. “How sanitary.”

Liam didn’t let go of my hand. “Do you want to go on the Ferris Wheel? It looks really pretty at night,” Liam suggested quietly. “We could go, just the two of us.” I felt my heart melt. “Okay.” 

“HELLO!” A loud British voice yelled. I looked towards to my left. There came Allison and Louis, who did not look very pleased with Niall’s “prank.” 

“How dare you,” Louis pouted, giving Niall a playful punch. “That was embarrassing.” Niall stuck his tongue out. “Sorry about that,” Niall apologized. 

“Let’s go to the Ferris wheel now!” Liam grabbed my hand once again as we snuck away from the group. We stepped inside the ferris wheel, Liam and I sitting so we faced each other. 

“So,” Liam said awkwardly, his light brown eyes avoiding mine. “What’s going on between you and Harry? You two seem to be whispering quite alot lately.” 

I gasped. He thought I liked Harry. I felt my heart sink. “No, Liam, I’m not-“ 

“If you two like each other, you should go out,” he said quietly. He still wasn’t looking at me. 

“Liam, I don’t like him…this is a misunderstanding,” I felt my eyes tear up. Our eyes finally met. “Why are you crying?” He said loudly, concerned. 

“I…I don’t know. Just please don’t misunderstand.” I looked down at the floor. “I’m sorry,” he whispered, and he grabbed my hand. “Just the thought of you liking Harry scared me.” 

I looked up at him. “What…? Why…?” I felt a tear stream down my face. 

He wiped the tear from my face. I felt lost in his eyes. “I don’t know…I can’t figure out my feelings…” 

I stood up and sat next to him. I gave him a hug. I felt my face flush red. We sat there, hugging, for what seemed like forever. 

I looked outside the window to find Harry and Veronica sitting next to each other on a bench. They were talking and Harry was blushing. Suddenly, he looked serious. I read his lips.

He said to her, “I love you.”