Chapter 2

Wallace Huo as Crown Prince Zhang/Jiyu.

Snapping his head around, he comes face to face with the beauty.  For sure she was more exquisite up close, her skin shines brighter than the moon when the sun kisses her skin.  Her eye brows furrow upon her lovely oval face while her round, almond shape eyes narrow.  She purses her thick pink lips.  

“I asked who you were!” she angrily repeats walking up to him and shaking her other dagger at him.  If she tried to look menacing, it isn’t working because Jiyu found her simply adorable as someone so pretty is trying to threaten a man who is much bigger than her and has twice the strength she has.

“Just a stranger passing by.”  He chuckles.  

Angry at him for seemingly making her out to be a fool, she waves her dagger at him.  “You certainly don’t seem to realize that I am skilled in weaponry!” the beauty exclaims.

“But you missed,” Jiyu points out trying very hard not to laugh.

“Because I missed on purpose.”

“I see.”  He chuckles.

Her left eye twitches.  “It’s true!”

“Fine, fine!” he says holding his hands up in mock defeat as he steps away.  Putting his hands behind his back, pretending to look around nonchalantly at the view that seems to dull in comparison next to the beauty.  

“Were you following me?” she interrogates narrowing her eyes again as she walked up to him so that they are seeing face to face.

Jiyu shifts his eyes uncomfortable.  He certainly isn’t willing to delve the truth.  She will certainly view him in a negative light after he confesses.  “Now what has given you such an astounding thought?” he asks as he lets out a nervous chuckle not daring to look at her eye.

“Because I saw you following me, not too long ago!” she exclaims.

He sighs.  Looking into her dark eyes, he says, “Let’s just say that I’m a lonely traveler in want of talking to someone.  How can I pass up conversing with a person since it is such a rarity for a lonely soul such as I, especially when I am graced with the presence of such a beautiful woman such as yourself?”

“You flatter me so, stranger,” the beauty comments as she turns away and slowly walks towards the lake.  “And I’m afraid your argument is a bit weak.”

“Maybe so, but I speak truth when I say I’m just a lonely soul in need of a new face to talk to.  I am surrounded by so many wolves that I cannot tell between a friend or foe.  For I have not a friend to call my own but merely attendants who are paid to serve and listen to my complaints and woes,” he admits as he strides along side her.

“So, I presume you are of someone of noble birth?”  They stop walking and she looks his way.  For a while, she just stares at him.  “Your eyes speak truth, to which your words did not earlier.”

“How can you know such a thing?” Jiyu asks astonished.

“Because a person’s eyes is a door to their soul,” she says.  “Some are good at hiding their true feelings well, while others show it without realizing.

“I see.”

“I’m guessing you are the latter?”

“I thought I hid it so well.”  She gives him a small smile and he does one in return.  Somehow, their conversation was making his heavy heart feel even lighter.

She then walks over to her horse while sheathing her in the saddle.  Opening up a satchel, the beauty takes out a small wrapped packaged tied with string.  She hands it to him and smiles.  “Consider it as my apologies for earlier.”