Chapter One

Gone

Written By Aja Moses AKA KierraKrest

Copyright: 2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter One:

I saw her. Little Amber Burn. The 6 year-old girl who lived down the street from me.

She went missing and after 4 years, they announced her to be dead. If she is truly dead though, then why did I see her? She was right next to me in the quiet room at the library.

“Amber Burn?” I said.

She smiled and her green eyes gleamed.

“I thought you had forgotten me Alanna.” She said. Her red hair looked brighter than usual.

“Amber?” I said, trying to think if I had lost my head.

“Yes Alanna?”

“You’re…dead.”

She stared at me, and her eyes turned sad.

“You think I’m dead?” She croaked.

“It’s just that…you’ve been gone for years. And no one has seen you around. On the news they said you were abducted and murdered.” I stammered.

“No! Stop it Alanna! I’m not dead! That was just a dream!” She yelled.

“Then why won’t you go home?” I asked.

“Mommy and Daddy won’t talk to me. They hate me! They don’t feed me anymore, the ignore me, they don’t do anything with me!”

“Because you’re dead Amber, you’re dead. I don’t know how you’re here, but you’re dead.”

“Alanna! Stop it! Why are you saying those mean and horrible things?!” She fell to the floor and covered her ears. “You’re a liar Alanna! You’re a mean dirty liar! I hate you! I hate you!” Tears fell from her eyes.

She kept screaming and all I wanted was for her to quiet.

I dropped down to her and tried to restrain her. She started to kick and punch.

“No!!! Stop! Alanna stop!”

I tried even harder.

“Don’t TOUCH ME!” She screamed at the top of her lungs and the light in the room exploded and the glass fell to the floor. When I turned to Amber she was gone.

‘Am I seeing things?’ I thought to myself. ‘I’m seeing ghosts?’

One of the librarians walked in and stared at me on the floor.

“What’s going on in here?” He asked. I continued staring in the spot a screaming Amber Burn once was. Then I lost my head.

“Amber Burn! She was here!” I said to the librarian, looking fiercely into his eyes.

“Security!”

“No! NO! Don’t! She was here! I swear! I saw little Amber Burn! She broke the light, not me!”

Next thing I knew, I was in a Mental Institution.

--------6 months Later---------

“So how do you feel Alanna?” My mother asked keeping her eyes on the road.

“I feel fine Mom.” I replied.

“You’re not, seeing her…are you?”

“Mom…”

“Okay, okay, I just, I’m just very worried.”

“Mom, I was seeing things. I think I didn’t get enough sleep the night before or something.”