Ch. 5

"Don't you forget that I have a strong, burning hate for you" I said stabbing the sword through his loose sleeve of his shirt, into the wooden board from under him.

"Hate's a strong word, Love!" He shouted behind me, "call me love all you want it won't change rubbish" I shouted back walking away to the quarters I now share with Jack.

"Oi! Help! Don't ya just stand there!" Jack shouted at what I assume was one of his men.

"Miss Salazar"

I turned around seeing a pirate of the crew walking towards me. "Yes?" I asked him, "I'm Tybalt" He bowed his head, I bowed my own head as well, "Marina" I smiled slightly.

"I was jus' thinkin' and wonderin' , was that around yer neck? Me ol' man use' to tell me stories about a sea stone, a sea stone that will help ya find any treasure ever, only held by a special person. Born at sea, or was it born by the sea?... I don't quite remember.. But this person who wields it has power over the sea" he said looking at my stone which I now was holding in my hand.

"Some Legend, eh? That person must be my mother, she is the one that gave it to me, after all " I smiled down at it.

"Legend or not, ye best be careful" he said. I nodded at him, "yer' leaving, eh?" Tybalt asked.

"I don't quite know yet. I want to, but at the same time i don't. I've been at sea so long I don't remember what life is like on land. But I don't want to live here like a prisoner like i did when I was aboard my father's ship" I sighed looking out into the ocean.

"Aye, I get ye' whatever yer choice may be I wish ya the best of luck" he said offering Me his dirty hand.

I shook it, "my thanks" I nodded my head, "I let ye be now" he said bowing his head then walked away.

I huffed and walked into the Captain's quarters nearly screaming my head off.

Jack was sprawled on the bed, with his white shirt and waist coat wide open.

"How the hell did you get out?" I shouted.

"One me mates helped, ya should have pinned the sword deeper, try 'arder next time" he explained while still having his eyes closed and not moving an inch. I rolled my eyes and went to his couch and sat down bringing my legs up to the side of me while grabbing a book near by and opening it.

It looked like Journal entries. Of the old captain of course. But on some pages there was printed words about legends and sea monsters, which interested me a lot.

It was a big book so I would be entertained for quite a while.

From the corner of my eye I saw Jack's head lift up.

"What ya readin'? " he asked, "words" I responded not looking up at him.

"Words." He mocked me and turned his whole body around so that he was on his stomach now.

"You underestimated me once, don't make the same mistake twice" I said no peeling my eyes off the book.

"Are ya challenging me?" I heard him sit up, "no, I'm threatening you" I said closing the book and cocking my eye brow at him.

"Stand up" he stood up, "sit down" I retorted, he looked at me funny but ended up sitting on the chest.

"Ye' really dont like me" he said. "That doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about you" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Was it cause I killed your ol' man?! Your paps' has been trynna hunt me dad and uncle down, to kill them and their crew! He then was after me crew and killed my captain! I was not jus' gonna let him off easy! do ya not like me because your paps told you to hate pirates like he does!? Or do ya miss the beatings he gave ya?! Cause as far as I remember the only bond you both had was when he would slap you and drag you around!" He shouted standing up.

"Cause in my perspective I did everyone a fuckin' favor by getting rid of your god forsaken father!" He threw his hands in the air and turned around.

"All in all he was my father!" I shouted back , "bloody hell, ain't you naive?" he turned around to face me.

"Your father abandoned ya and your mother before you were born, disappeared for 8 years then when you are finally happy, he takes you away from the only happiness you have known and practically killed your mother by taking everything she ever loved and cared for in this world! And what else? Locked you in his captain's quarters while he slaughtered people and was satisfied with it?! He was no father! A father is there for you and cares for you, he didn't do anything! Ya know why he was so protective of you?! Is because you are the offspring of your mother a powerful woman of the sea!"

By now he was on his knees in front of me, looking me dead in the eye.

He was right. I can't even be mad at him, I can't get offended, I can't cry about it because I lost the argument. Jack was completely right.

"Powerful woman of the sea?" I asked looking down at my hands.

He sighed, "that wasn't meant for you to hear" he said rubbing his forehead.

"Is just a legend, love" he said standing up and turning away.

"I want to know what you're talking about! Tybalt mentioned a certain legend as well and I want to know what it all means! I'm confused!" I said to him slipping the stones over my head and showing him.

His eyes widened, "Sea stone" he muttered and stepped back.

"The book.. Give me the book" he said staring at my jewel.

"What?" I said picking the book up from the couch. "hand it!" He said sticking his hand out. I placed the book in his hand cautiously and as soon as he gripped it he opened it and slipped through the pages of the book like a mad man.

"A-Ha!" He shouted and pointed down at the page.

"Look!" He shouted coming towards me now.

"The Sea Stone. Also known as an AquaMarine, Carried by La Reina Del Mar aka La Señora Del Mar" he said trying to read the Spanish words the most he could without knowing proper Spanish.

"The Sea Queen or The Sea Mistress" I translated. "La Reina Del Mar must give birth to a baby girl whom will take over the position once the sea mistress has passed along... Typically the powers come to the kin in the adolescent years... If at sea... A ship is kept away for her when she needs it, in a secret cave never seen by man, the position can not be given to a baby boy.." Jack read out loud.

"No, no, no, no" I shook my head, "that's only a legend, my mother was not at Sea like ever. She hated it.." I said.

"Plus... She never showed odd behavior.. Just hating my dad of course." I said.

Jack turned the page and began to mutter things.

"My ol' captain wrote somethin', I think you'll want to read it" he said sitting on the couch, I sat besides him where I was previously.

"It's about yer parents.. The mere truth about them and their relationship, your father wasn't a man.. He was a devil"