author's note

hello, reader!

it has been four years since i started writing for sea, and almost two years since i completed this collection. when i left you with the last poem, this book had 3,000+ reads and around 400 votes; it has since grown to 47,300+ reads and 3,700+ votes. i am both awed and humbled by your continuous support for me and my writing, beyond words. from the bottom of my heart, i thank you all so much.

in the years that i have been inactive due to personal and academic reasons, i didn't stop writing. i had a lot of  difficulties finding my voice now and then -- there were times when i wanted to write, but couldn't, and spurs-of-the-moment where i just had to write down everything that entered my mind. it was very tough for me sometimes when i think about not being able to write, to the point where i would consider giving up my passion altogether. but you, reader, reminded me not to. your overwhelming support for this collection, as well as support from my family and friends, kept me writing.

i have grown much as a person, and as a writer. (would you believe i'm now an adult?!) on that note, i invite you all to embark upon a new journey with me as i start another poetry collection -- a follow-up to sea -- called lighthouse

lighthouse is a reflection of my coming-of-age -- existential crises, the joys of being young, the downsides of growing old, falling in love again, and everything in between. below is a peek of what to expect in my new collection. i hope you join me in my journey of self-discovery, and this new era of creation.

in the chaos of the waves, the light ahead keeps me calm❞

✧ ✧ ✧

a sort-of sequel to sea, four years later.
featuring freeverse and other poems, thoughts, six-word stories, and playlists.

this is for all of you who believed in me, and supported me, even after years of inactivity; for all those who read, voted, commented, and added sea to their reading lists, or even followed my account.

look how far i've come, and how much i've grown. much has changed. welcome to the lighthouse.

♡ claire // 5 Jun 2017 ♡