eins

Mike Zacharias.

Her savior.

I'm gonna go ahead and break the 4th wall. Yes this is a Levi Ackerman fanfiction but hold on, let me explain.

Mike found the poor young girl on the streets. She was fighting with a couple of boys over the loaf of bread she saved up to buy.

"Ggh, let go! Buy your own!" She yelled at the 2 young boys. She kicked and screamed, retaining a firm grip on the pastry.

She was weak, she had nothing to eat for the past month except a few food scraps she found at the backs of food stores.

They hit her face a couple times but that didn't faze her, only when one of the boys punched her stomach, making her fall down to her knees and clutch her abdomen, making her drop the bread. It made the pain from starvation even worse. Both of the filthy kids took off with her only source of clean food.

"Ugh, crap." She groaned as she leaned on the fence next to her, looking up at the blue sky and tearing up. Accepting the fact she would die from starvation she sighed and let the tears fall.

The sound of horse's feet hitting the ground soon became prominent in her hearing range. She whipped her head to the source of the noise and her eyes widened.

A Survey Corps soldier.

I've never seen one before, what's he doing here? Isn't this a poor-wait where even am I? Oh no I got chased away from my safe spot. I'm lost again. Fuck I'm going to have to find another place to stay now aren't I.

She let hee thoughts run through her, She didn't even realize the man stopped infront of her.

"Hey kid," a blonde haired guy snapped her out of it. She looked up at him in fear and anticipation.

What does he want?

"You don't look too good. Need help?" He got off his horse and she stood up slowly.

I don't look too good?

He realized she didn't get what he meant, "Your face. It's all bruised and swollen. It's bleeding too." She immediately brought her hands up and felt her cheeks.

Oh wow, how did I not feel this.

"Hop on kiddo," he helped her get on his horse. At this point, she would accept anything that seemed good that came in her life. She was that desperate for help.

"I'm Mike by the way. Mike Zacharias." Mike said in a warm toned voice.

"Mika, I... don't know what my last name is." Her small, hoarse voice said.

"Well Mika, isnt it quite the coincidence our names are similar. Why don't I take you in. Become a Zacharias." He asked and in an instant she agreed. This was the only hope she had left of surviving.

~

"So, mind telling me how you turned out like this." They sat at the table. Mike had given her food and water and she began to scarf it down her throat. He had also tended to her wounds beforehand.

"Two boys decided to steal the only real food I supposed to eat in weeks. I put up a good fight for it." She stopped to think back to what happened when she was younger. "I don't know who my parents are, I have a pretty blurry memory of my childhood before the streets. I somehow do know my name though. I grew up alone, scavenging for myself."

"Sheesh, glad I took you in then." Mike smiled.

"Me too, though I'd be lying if I said there werent people who had it worse than me. I feel bad they weren't the one saved by you." She sighed, feeling absolute guilt and pity for the people back where she used to stay.

"They'll be saved one day. Don't worry about it. Worry about those sons of bitchss who beat you up and stole your food." He growled and Mika giggled, "Dude chill, they're irrelevant."

"Yeah I guess you're right. Say, do you know how old you are?" Mike asked.

"Uhm I'd say about 10, dont really know.  Don't keep track actually." Mika shrugged. "I don't even know what day it is."

"Well it's January 7. And you don't really act like a 10 year old." They laughed a little then fell into a comfortable silence for a few moments until Mika spoke up.

"So Survey Corps huh?"

"Yeah, taking a little break right now. Bought to have an expedition in 2 months." Mike got up from his seat, and quickly grabbed 2 cups filled with hot water and a pack of cocoa powder. "Hot chocolate?"

"Oh yes, please." She watched him pour the powder into the mug and stir it before giving it to her. "Thank you... to tell you the truth, I've always wanted to join the Scouts."

"Well kid, it aint an easy job I'll tell you that. Watched a lot of men die right before my eyes, most were my closest friends. If you want to join the Scouts, I ain't stopping you. I just want you to know the price you have to pay when joining the regiment that has the most casualties." Mika pondered on what he said. However it still didn't change her mind.

"I think going outside the walls and fighting and most probably dying for humanity is much better than living a street rat and dying alone with having done nothing significant in life. It's a scary world out there beyond the walls, but I'm willing to sacrifice my life for something rather than nothing." She took a deep breath and continued coldly, "My parents are nothing to me, completely non existent. I lived my life with no one giving a damn about me, what I do or how I'm doing. Humans are cruel but I'd like to save it anyway."

"You've got your mind set Mika. I don't think there's anything I can do to change that. Tell you what, I'll let you sign up for cadets. You're a bit too young at the moment but in the mean time I'll train you. You've got heart and I would like to see you be the best soldier you can ever be." They smiled at each other.

I finally have a purpose in life.

Mika thought about that one statement she said to herself in her head. For years she wanted to do something meaningful and for years she thought that would be doing the Survey Corps.

Constantly discouraged by the unhealthy state she's always been in, she thought she could never live up to her dreams. But now, rescued by a Scout himself and to be trained by him, she never thought she'd get this big of an opportunity.

"Am I your dad now?" Mika and Mike cringed at his question.

"Nah, How about brother?" She laughed.

"Right I'm your brother now, Mika Zacharias. You know our names really do sound familiar. I think it's fate that did this. Made my name Mike and yours Mika so that it would seem like we were actual siblings." Mike laughed at the thought.

"Not really seem. You've got straight, blonde hair and I've got black, curly hair. We dont really seem related, and we arent but our names do." Mika said.

Fate.

I never believed in you until now.