Chapter Eight: Engmath

I hear my phone ring and decide to ignore it. Ugh Mondays. Who even invented Monday, it's the worst day of the week.

My phone continues ringing and won't shut the hell up. I am so going to kill whoever this is.

I rub my eyes and sit up, reaching for my phone. "What!"

"You're not a morning person, noted." A chirpy voice says from the other end.

"Sorry Taylor." I yawn.

"I was just wondering if you wanted me to pick you up so we can go to school together?"

"Well my brother usually takes me-"

I hear the sound of a car revving and look out of my curtains to see Ryan driving off.

Pig.

"Actually that'd be great Taylor."

"Great! Text me your address and I'll be over soon."

After brushing my teeth and showering, I look in my closet trying to find something decent to wear.

I settled on a white tank top and some light blue jeans to go with it.

I run down the stairs and spot Dad sitting at the dining table, reading a newspaper.

I kiss him on the cheek. "Morning Dad."

He smiles. "Morning princess.

He gives my outfit a once over. "Look who finally put an effort in today. Are you trying to impress a boy Heidi?"

I scoff. "Please all the boys are the ones trying to impress me."

We stare at each other for a second and end up laughing.

Even my Dad knows I'm hopeless when it comes to boys.

I hear a car beep, probably Taylor's, and quickly slide on my boots. "I'll see you later Dad."

"Bye honey."

***

"Okay so this is the main hallway, expect lots of tongues down throats." I grimace.

Taylor does the same. "I mean other than that I guess this school doesn't seem to bad."

"Well well well, if it isn't Heidi Thompson, looking uglier than usual." A nasally voice rings through my ears. Stella.

Now how do I describe the wicked witch of the west known as Stella Olsen.

She's what's known as the 'Queen B' of our school. She's captain of the cheerleading team and pure evil. Stella and her little cheerleading squad have nearly slept with almost everyone on the basketball team. Unfortunately that includes my brother.

Yep, Ryan Thompson and Stella Olsen dated!

Stella always hated me even before dating Ryan, he was just too dumb to notice how deep the hate ran. After they broke up her hate for me increased by like 1000.

"Good to see you too Stella! I love what you've done with your hair, how do you get it to come out of your nose like that?"

She quickly pulls a mirror out and turns to her minions. They all shake their heads and tell her she looks 'perftacular'.

"Save it Heidi. You can't even get laid because you're so repulsive to nearly every guy in this school." Seriously?

I clap my hands together. "I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up your ass."