HotchxReader

"Y/n, as much as I love you my amazing duckling, you have to tell him how you feel!" Garcia spoke with complete certainty as you shook your head.

"Or I could not and attempt to keep my job," you suggest as you sit down in your office chair next to hers. "Besides, he's the boss man, and I'm just a techie who hides behind computer screens all day." You shrug, fiddling with your sweater as you do so.

Garcia rolls her eyes at you before sighing and standing up. "Okay well, you're being negative so I'm going to go get some tea in hopes that when I come back you'll magically be the happy and positive you that I have come to know and love!" She finishes the last part of her sentence by speaking over her shoulder before sauntering out of the room, leaving you staring at your hands in sadness.

You had worked with Aaron Hotcher at the BAU for two years now and, while his smiles were rarer than winning the lottery, you couldn't help but feel extremely attracted to him. Your heart sped up whenever he was near and you could barely focus on what you were saying half of the time he was around. Of course, with him being your boss, the chances of anything happening were slim to none. Plus, although you are quite fabulous and you happen to love this fact (LOVE YOURSELF MY PROFILERS IT IS VERY IMPORTANT), you couldn't see him falling for someone who was the complete opposite of him.

You were always bubbly and laughing, while he was serious and barely cracked a smile. Although it was a mystery to you how he hadn't figured out that you had feelings for him considering he was a top profiler in the FBI, you also weren't complaining because him finding out would mean that it could ruin your friendship and you could lose your job.

A ding went off on your computer, breaking you out of your thoughts of Hotch as you swiveled around in your chair. "Garcia, I'm calling in the team!" You yelled before sending quick texts to all of your amazing friends. You paused as you went to text Hotch, then hit the call button.

"Sir? We have a case." You spoke into the phone, trying to sound cheery and upbeat.

His tired voice answered you; it was evident he has been sleeping, although to be honest it was just a miracle he had gone home to begin with. "Alright y/n- is everything alright? You don't normally call when there's a case." He yawned and you tried to suppress a squeal at how cute his sleepy voice sounded.

"Yes sir; just thought I should mix things up a bit," you lied, smiling to yourself as he told you he would be in soon. Better go get the briefing room ready, you thought to yourself before you walked into the bullpen.

"Hey, I already notified the team, everyone should be in soon." You told Garcia as you passed by her on your way. She nodded before turning around and following you to the briefing room.

Not even ten minutes later, the team members had all shuffled in, each of them holding large cups of coffee in their hands as they tried to wipe the sleep from their eyes. "Alright guys, we caught a bad one." You spoke, trying to avoid making eye contact with Hotch as you looked down at the papers in front of you.

Garcia went on to explain the rest of the case, knowing that you normally didn't like to do so because of the gory details in the pictures you would have to look at. As soon as she was done, everyone stood up ready to grab their go bags before Derek suddenly stopped you on your way out of the room.

"Hey, baby girl, I was wondering if you wanted to get a drink with me after this case was over?" He asked, giving you his signature Derek Morgan smile.

"I... Umm..." You bit your lip nervously, noticing that Hotch had frozen in the doorway. You weren't sure if he was waiting to hear your response to Derek out of personal interest of if he just wanted to see if you were interested in Derek to tease him about it later. "I mean... Yeah, of course. Anything for a friend." You smiled at Derek and quickly gathered up your files, nearly sprinting out of the room to avoid the awkwardness.

Yeah, you knew what Derek meant; but the guy you really liked was standing right in the doorway. And Derek seemed to go home with a new girl every other night anyways; you didn't want to get mixed up in that. He'd probably find some hot chick out at a bar on this case anyways and forget all about you.

With a sigh, you retreated back into your office, which in reality was simply computer screens with the multiple knick knacks Garcia had placed around them. A knock on your door a few minutes later startled you and you quickly turned around to find Hotch calmly standing in the doorway.

"Are you alright y/n? You ran out of the briefing room rather quickly. I don't mean to intrude, but I heard your conversation with Derek." He spoke softly and gently, something he seemed to only do when he was talking to you, but you never paid any attention to it.

"Yeah... I umm... I'm alright." You sighed and bit your lip nervously, staring down at the ground. "He was just asking to hang out," you add, hoping he didn't know the real reason you had bolted on Derek's proposal to go on a date.

Hotch laughed lightly; it sounded like music to your ears. "Y/n, you and I both know he was asking you out on a date. Why did you say no? In the two years you've worked here, you've never had a boyfriend."

Your eyes widened slightly at Hotch's observation. "I thought we had a rule about profiling each other," you murmured before you sighed deeply. "Yeah... I just... I'm just interested in someone else; that's all." You fiddled with the sleeves on your sweater, pulling them down past your hands as you once again avoided eye contact.

Hotch raised his eyebrows, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. You suddenly felt very trapped as he did so; you were never good with confrontation like this. "Do you know what I think? I think you're worried that the person you're really interested in doesn't see you as a viable option because he's in a higher position of power. I think you've had feelings for the same person for a very long time now, but you haven't known how to approach them. I think you're worried that he doesn't have feelings for you too." He paused to meet your eyes. "Am I right?"

You gulped nervously once more, trying to manage a nod. When you had finally done so, he spoke again. "Well, I think you should make a move. Because he would be an idiot not to have feelings for you too." His brown orbs met yours and you nearly melted into a puddle on the floor.

"H-Hotch...?" You hesitated slightly, gulping again as you tried to keep eye contact without becoming more of a nervous wreck. "Would you... Maybe want to... Get a bite to eat sometime? Like on a... On a date?" You closed your eyes tightly, waiting for him to shoot you down or to fire you.

You were surprised when you opened them to find him inches away from your face, staring at your lips. "I would love to." He spoke, flashing you one of his rare smiles. "But first..."

Before you could ask what he was referring to, you felt his lips on yours. They were warm and inviting; just like you imagined they would be. You relaxed in his embrace, moving closer to him as he wrapped his arms around your waist to deepen the kiss.

"Eek!" You both jumped apart from each other when you heard the sudden interruption; a part of you wasn't surprised to see none other than Penelope Garcia standing in the doorway with her jaw hanging open.

You blushed deeply, trying to hide behind your hair as she began to squeal with delight. "My ship has sailed!" She cried, clapping her hands wildly as you and Hotch both grinned sheepishly.

"Yes Garcia, that's great, but next time, try this great invention called knocking?" You suggested, your entire face still red with embarrassment.

"I'll see you when I get back from my case y/n." Hotch smiled at you and gave you a quick kiss on the cheek before slipping out into the hallway past an excited Garcia.

Okay so umm that was super long and my fingers kinda hurt from typing so much; hope you guys enjoyed it:) Requests are open!