Chapter Eleven

Outside was oddly silent. Lia expected the monster to be standing right outside the door, ready to eat her. But there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was almost enjoyably peaceful, if not for the deathly silence that hung in the air. The birds weren't chirping, even the trees were as still as stone.

So when a tiny movement in the corner of her eye caught her attention, she was ready. And when the beast came at her, jaws gaping, filled with rows of fangs like knives, she thought she was prepared. After all, she'd practiced a lot so she'd be fine, or so Lia thought.

The tail whipping through the air caught her in the chest, and she flew, landing meters away from where she'd started. She lay gasping, eyes squeezed shut, ready for the end. Lia finally realized that she wasn't ready to fight a monster like that one, that she had no chance.

Her eyes opened at the sound of her name being screamed from what she felt like was miles away. She shifted slightly, sending shooting pain through her body, but she could see the entrance. It was several of her friends. They turned up, eyes wide and mouths gaping as the shadow looked over them. The monster had taking interest in them since they made so much more noise.

"No," she whispered. Lia knew there was nothing she could do, and she hated it. As her eyes grew heavier, she decided that if only her friends could get back home, she wouldn't care what happened to her.

About to pass out from pain, Lia watched as the monster looked ever closer. Her eyes were barely open a sliver, but Lia could have sworn she saw something, a figure darting out of the trees. Her vision turned to blackness.

~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I know you all probably hate me. For taking FOREVER to post this. But I had major writers block. And I am so so so so so so sorry. I promise I'll get started on the next chapters as soon as possible.