Chapter two: One busy afternoon.

YAY, i finially uploaded this and I just wanted to say that this story isdefginitly NOT over and that i have plenty of ideas for it. Please vote and comment if you like this, it is very much appriciated.

FantasyGirl21

Chapter two: One busy afternoon.

When we drove back from our very short trip to Seattle, no one spoke, though we were probably all thinking the same thing: how? From time to time, vampires passed by (otherwise the Pack wouldn’t exist), but they never stayed long or went to the cities. These vampires almost looked (and I know this sounds ridiculous) human. Too emotional or something, I don’t know how to explain it. It’s strange, almost too strange to be true.

I parked my car next to Emily’s house like I always did and we all got out. Before I could even enter the little house, Jake already got out of it to see me and looked around. When his eyes found me, he looked relieved. I walked towards him and cuddled up in his arms. Then I looked up.

‘What are you guys doing here, I thought you were patrolling?’, I asked him. The chance was big that if he was here, the whole Pack would be in Emily’s little house. I still haven’t figured out how they can all stand there without having not enough oxygen. I bet it’s another wolf-thing.  “Vampires,” we both said and I saw the whole Pack coming outside. I turned to face them, with Jakes arms still around my waist.

“You saw them?”, Sam said, directly looking at me. “Yes, one guy with reddish hair and one woman with brown hair. They were driving a silver Volvo and he slipped into a parking spot just before me. Then he was being incredibly rude, calmed the woman by saying that we were ‘just some girls from the reservation’ – and that’s a quote.- after I called him a leech . So just a normal shopping trip indeed.”, I ended my story.

“How on earth could they know that you’re from La Push?”, Embry thought out loud. “We need to defend our land and the girls, they’ve come too close.”, Paul said angrily, holding his arms closely around Rachel.  “We should make sure that they know what’s our territory and that they need to leave as soon as possible. If that means fighting,  that’s not a problem for me,” Jared added.

“Me neither,” Jake added. “Wait guys, they haven’t done anything yet to us or to any human.”, Claire said. Wow, that was typically her, defending the vamps. “As far as we know of,” I said. “Guys, calm down for a second. Sam, just go and see where they are living -or not living, however you want to call it- and when you can’t find them they’re just passing by. Just do it like always,” Emily said, trying to relax us all.

No like it did though. “But this is different,” I said. “Vampires going shopping in Seattle is not normal. Actually abnormal.” “I agree with Cill,” Quil said. “This is not normal.” “Can’t we just relax a bit. Our whole afternoon is ruined because some leech stole Cill’s parking spot.

I mean, those vamps are still here tomorrow right. Or not and then we haven’t ruined our entire afternoon. Go and see those vamps tomorrow or so.”, Kim complained. Jared (of course) immediately stood behind her. “I agree with Kim, just let this wait till tomorrow.”

Slowly, everyone started agreeing on Kim’s idea and they slowly took off. I faced Jake. “And do you still have plans for this wonderful afternoon?”, I asked. “Well, actually I was patrolling, but I could ask Sam to..”. He didn’t even had to finish his sentence. I looked at Sam and shot him my please-pretty-pretty-please-look and he nodded. I turned to Jake again.

“Done. You have a free afternoon.”. He grinned and we took off together. I waved the Pack and my friends goodbye and soon it was just the two of us in the woods. I loved the woods. On this normal day it was the only thing still magical. Probably because werewolves were quite mysterious creatures and they were here almost all day, but hey, let a girl dream a little. In the middle of the forest was an open space, with fallen trees which were covered with soft green moss. It was me and Jake’s favourite spot.

As I sat down at one of the moss-benches and closed my eyes I imagined my life how it should have been: if my dad hadn’t died and I’d still live in New York, the city where I was born. It was strange, almost too normal. A life without the Pack, Jake, Kim, Claire and of course Rach was unimaginable. Strange if you think about it, I had only been here from almost two years. I also was the first not wolf, nor I had imprinted with a wolf, person to find out about the wolfs. Neither Jake, Kim, Claire or Rach could keep it from me in the end.

“What are you thinking of?”, I heard Jake whisper in my ear. I opened my eyes and smiled at him. “Just about everything what has happened since I moved here from New York. “So not really a lot.”, he joked. “No, not really.  Just found out  that my boyfriend could turn into some huge wolf that’s all. Nothing out of the ordinary.” “And I need to believe that.”, he said sarcastically.

I pulled his face closer to mine, so close that I was breathing in his breath . Our lips touched and a fire in me awakened. Kissing Jake was indescribable. It made all my worries disappear and made me cross all of the barriers inside me. Strangely enough, he was the first one to pull away (mostly it was me because of a shortage of breath).

“Actually,” he started. “I wasn’t off from patrolling without a reason. I have been thinking  about this over and over again and I realized that I was just afraid. Afraid of what you would say.” Wow, this was getting serious. “You know you can tell me everything, right. I would never ever leave you because of something you said.”

“It’s not that, I just thought that you would think it’s ridiculous or so. I even asked Rachel how she thought you would reply.” I stopped him there. “Wait, you asked Rachel?? What on earth could make you so unconfident that you’d ask for her advice?” This made him chuckle.

“You have just insulted her very deeply. She’d probably send Paul to hit you if she found out.”, he said, still laughing. “Like you would tell her. But anyway, what did you want to tell me?”, I said.

“Cecile, I have never felt so happy in my entire life as when you came to life here. I respect and love you more than anything in the world. I will never leave you and I want to be with you for eternity.” O my, o my, o my, was this really happening? I was frozen could not move. When he got down on one knee, I  still hadn’t found the ability to move again.

He got a small box out of his pocket and presented a beautiful shining engagement ring, with its stone sparkling like mad. “Cecile Anne Reyers, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?” My reply was probably the weirdest thing ever said after such a proposal: “Jake, are you serious in this? I mean, me?! And you. Marriage?!”. His expression turned from seriousness into sarcasm. “No Cill, there are thousand other girls standing beside you. Of course I mean you.”

“I know but..”, he stopped me in the middle of my sentence. “Do you love me as much as I do?” “More,” I replied. “Cill, that’s all I would ever ask of you. Yes or no, and be honest with me.” I looked from him, to the ring and back to him again.

And then I remembered how it felt when I kissed him. He made me cross all my barriers. Every reason to either say no or say yes flew through my mind and I stopped it instantly. He was right, I knew I would never ever love someone like I loved him.

And that was all that mattered. “Yes!”, I exclaimed. “Of course I do.” His smile made my heart beat like crazy and when I saw the ring around my finger, I felt like I could explode in happiness. I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him with all the love I had inside of me.

I only pulled away to look into his eyes. “Jake,” I said. “What have we got ourselves into?” He lifted me up, so that our eyes were on the same height. Then he replied: “Really Cill, I have no idea.”. He kissed me again and it felt like our first kiss. Pure, tender and sweet. I forgot everything, except him. His eyes, his kisses, his looks. The memories made me glow out of happiness. I wanted to love him forever, and becoming Mrs Black was a very good start of it……