④⑤ 🧡 Wattpad Help: Mirror Sites

For those unaware, a mirror site is a website that duplicates the content of another website without actually storing its own data, per se. It copies other information from the Internet and renders it in its own image. Hence the name "mirror site."

Wattpad—and your content—has been and will continued to be mirrored on other sites without your permission, and unfortunately there is little Wattpad can do to stop it

Wattpad—and your content—has been and will continued to be mirrored on other sites without your permission, and unfortunately there is little Wattpad can do to stop it. If a website is in a country with poor or loose Internet restrictions, that website often doesn't care about copyrights or threats of legal action. It does whatever it wants.

That said, you probably don't need to worry about it. First of all, Wattpad gets roughly 1,000,000 times the traffic of most of these sites that I've seen. Second, the author and cover are usually present for each of the pirated books, too, meaning that anyone who happens to see your book will know you wrote it. No one is out there actively stealing and profiting off YOUR book. They're copying all of Wattpad.

Third and finally, Wattpad is (mostly) free. Most people who KNOW Wattpad exists would much rather be here than there. Wattpad has a budding community and a great interface compared to the  pirate outfits running their 2004 fanfic.net-looking junk heaps.

People get really upset about this stuff, but please, take a deep breath. Yes, do what you can to see that your pirated material is removed or the mirror site is dismantled, but don't let these issues consume you. If you're going to be an artist, you need to accept that such things happen, and simply do your best to be courteous and kind to those who enjoy your work legally. You'll be surprised how generous people are, when they know that you need them!