35

Danzo fell to his knees, the wooden spear slick with his blood. He gasped for breath, drawing in deep breaths, but the giant hole in his chest was proving too much.
"Bring him to me!" Danzo faintly heard the desperate cry from Tsunade. He turned slightly and saw her running towards him, her feet desperately taking her across the ground. There was too much ground to cover and not enough time. Naruto and Itachi turned their eyes on Madara.
"Naruto! Finish him!" Itachi yelled. He drew his kunai and dashed forward, ducking under Madara's arm, forcing the gunbai up into a defensive position. Itachi smirked. He wasn't a prodigy for nothing. He ducked and weaved, slicing left and right in random patterns, forcing Madara to be on the defensive. Itachi saw a gap and with an upward slash, he drove the kunai straight for Madara's head. Madara growled and lowered his gunbai to block it but it was a feint; Itachi had already changed his angle of attack, forcing Madara to block it at an awkward angle where Itachi had the leverage and the advantage. Itachi and Madara strained against each other, neither giving ground. Madara could hear Naruto approaching.
"Rasen-" Naruto never got to finish saying it as a sudden fluctuation of chakra exploded from him, making him freeze and cry out in pain, his rasengan fizzling out.
"DAMMIT! Sorry kid!" Kurama yelled through the seal as he felt his third tail begin to grow. Madara took advantage of Itachi's confusion and pushed him backwards, making Itachi lose balance. He swung his gunbai and Danzo's stored wind jutsu was unleashed at Itachi, sending him flying back. He smashed through several trees, before finally losing momentum as he hit the big tree, his head snapping back to hit the tree trunk. He dropped to the ground, motionless. Madara immediately tore open his right armour plate and ripped the Hashirama clone growing on his body off. Taking a bite, and swallowing, he grinned maniacally at Naruto who was struggling to stand.
"That's right. The Kyuubi is still regrowing his chakra tails." Madara said. He brought his hand up and placed it on Naruto's seal.
"Preta path." He said simply, and the orange chakra began to flow from Naruto, and into Madara. He spun around and delivered a devastating back kick into Naruto's stomach, launching him off the branch and towards the ground below, before yanking with his hand that was absorbing Kurama's chakra, watching as all of the orange chakra left Naruto's system to form into a small ball in the palm of his hand.

"Konan!" Nagato shouted. She nodded and immediately jumped into the air, shifting to her paper form as she flew after Naruto's dropping body. She knew Itachi was fine; she'd managed to get to him and bring him back to Tsunade. Nagato brought his hand up.
"Shinra tensei!" He shouted, and a strong gravitational force was sent straight at Madara.
"Bansho ten'in!" Madara replied in kind, negating Nagato's attack with his own. However, Madara's rinnegan that he had gained from recombining Uchiha and Senju DNA was more powerful. It overrode Nagato's jutsu and continued on, Nagato helpless in his wheelchair as he was dragged towards Madara. However, it was stopped when a paper shuriken narrowly missed his hand, forcing him to stop his jutsu. It's time I left. Madara thought as he ran towards the immobilised Danzo.
"Danzo!" He heard Tsunade's cry and he cackled.
"Shinra tensei!" He said and sent Tsunade flying backwards, stopping her from healing Danzo. Tsunade got up and watched with a tearful eye as Danzo slowly turned his head towards her. He gave her a small smile, both of his eyes closed shut. The blood was pouring out nonstop from his wound, although greatly reduced due to Tsunade's healing.
"Promise me... Tsunade... you will win this war... and defend the Leaf... with the Will of Fire!" He coughed out. Tsunade grit her teeth as everyone regrouped back where she was, weakened, disorientated, and in the case of Itachi and Naruto, unconscious.
"Die!" Madara shouted as he reached Danzo, lifting up his Kama to strike the man down.

-----

"Sound the alarm!" The gate guards shouted as they took up their weapons. A whole host of white zetsu were rushing down the front gates, and they could see more and more shinobi approaching as well. At the head of the army stood a masked man wearing an akatsuki cloak, alongside the other akatsuki members.
"This is the time to fight!" Tobi shouted, watching as Kisame, Hidan, Kakuzu, Sasori and Deidara nodded.
"This will be a great place to showcase my art!" Deidara shouted. Sasori snorted.
"Art is eternal." He muttered but not loud enough for Deidara to hear. He didn't want to start an argument. Kisame said nothing. He was in turmoil. This was the village his friend had sacrificed his own life to protect and serve, and even though he was a traitor, Kisame would still call him a friend. Kisame sighed. At least Itachi was dead so he wouldn't feel as guilty. Kakuzu and Hidan looked behind them to see that the reanimated shinobi were following right behind them.
He even saw the summoner, sitting next to Tobi. That Kabuto fellow was odd, but they didn't say anything. The Akatsuki members watched as the zetsu forces rushed the gate, drawing the fire of the Konoha ninja. They didn't make it far, the combined ninjutsu used defensively was enough to kill many of the white zetsu, leaving the few remaining behind running for their life. However, they knew it was only a matter of time before the reanimated shinobi reached their position and they'd be overrun.