Footprints?

Kendra woke up blushing cheerfully like any typical morning, but wait something was unusual. As she unraveled herself from her plush princess themed linens she peered through her glitter drenched canopy. There were footprints on the sunlit floor that looked of flour or powder sugar and were as big as her head. For this sparked a sense of curiosity and paradox in her six year old mind. Immediately she had to pin the culprit for these footprints surely didn't belong to Buster, the sweetest little pug. With a blink of an eye she was bent over her wooden toy box rummaging through costumes to find her plaid Sherlock Holmes trench coat and magnifying glass. With all this commotion, Buster came barging into the room, Kendra whipped around yelling, "You little stinker, you're ruining the tracks." She scooped him up with a frantic lurch, while plopping him on the bed.

Bugged eyed and spasmodic Buster rolled around and nestled into the pink sheets. Kendra scurried through a few of her American Girl doll's clothes in hope to find Buster a pleasant detective-like-coat. However, she came up empty handed deciding to start the investigation by herself. Anxiously she scrutinized the mysterious footprints through her handy dandy magnifying glass. She ran her finger through the powder then put it in her mouth, surprisingly the grainy substance was sweet like nectarous honey. Her mind fluttered with possible suspects, but nonetheless she followed the footprints into the fluorescent lit hallway. The prints ventured down the hallway into the front room where the wood floor turned into shaggy carpet. Kendra stood puzzled, how on earth could she track down this intruder with a cold trail.

As the sun filtered through the blinds a shiny pink glare struck her eye. Squinting towards the glare her eyes fixated on a polka dotted Easter egg under the coffee table. Stepping over to the table she squatted and picked up the beautiful plastic egg shaking it as if it were a Christmas present. Upon cracking the seal there laying in half of the egg was silly putty, confused, but intrigued she peeled the putty out. Entombed in the putty was a ripped sliver of sticky note that read "Kitchen" After standing and deciphering the word for a few minutes, Kendra ran for the kitchen. Arriving in the kitchen she saw her mom cooking on the gas burner. Ready for questions her mom turned towards her smiling and laughing, but Kendra wasn't doing either she just peered into her mom's eyes with a blank stare. "Happy Easter!", her mom said, but Kendra stood on the tiled floor in full fledge interrogation mode.

Before uttering a question something in the bay windows caught Kendra's attention. Dashing over and landing on the cushion of the protruding window she saw the Easter bunny hopping away down the cul-de-sac. With spastic movements she slung open the window while she yelled, "It was you Mr. Bunny."