22: New Years Eve pt.1

~ Hermione ~

Blaise, Virginia, Lucas, and I woke up at the break of dawn on New Years Eve. We're throwing the party today. Everyone said they could attend, which is great. Blaise and Lucas said yesterday that they have a special suprise planned for during the party. Virginia thinks they're going to pull a prank on us, but I'm not so sure. I'm not saying that Blaise wouldn't do that but would Lucas do it?

"Hermione! Hurry up and get changed!" Virginia yells from outside my bedroom.

Currently I was standing in my bedroom with my bed laid out on my bed. It's almost five o'clock in the afternoon, an hour and a half before the guests should be arriving. I love the dress but only Virginia's seen me in it. Oh what the hell, I mutter to myself. I quickly change into the dress and shoes. I stand in front of my bed for a second before walking over to my bedroom door. I quickly open it and Virginia stands on the other side of the door, looking extremely annoyed. A smile flies onto her face as she sees me.

"Now let me do your hair and makeup!" Virginia squeals.

I have no choice but to do as she says because she grabs me by the wrist and pulls me into my own bathroom. She sits me down on the toilet. She's carrying a bulging makeup bag with her. She also pulls out a bunch of hair products. Geez, I hope she doesn't make me look like a Circus Clown.

She doesn't make me look like a Circus Clown, thank god. She put light eyeliner and dark eyeliner on my eyes. She used a light pink blush on my cheeks and dark red lipstick on my lips. She ends up straightening my hair and braiding is down my back.

"Thanks, Virginia" I said genuinely.

Virginia beamed at me and I smile back at her. I'm glad that we've gotten close since I moved into Zabini manor. As a child I always wanted a sister and now that I've finally got one I want to make our time together count.

"Welp, I have to go change into my dress. Wait here" Virginia says.

I nod as she basically dashes out of the bathroom. I wait patiently for her to return, actually twiddling my thumbs. Virginia returns in no less then five minutes, changed and with a smile on her face.

She's wearing a black lace skater dress with black flats. She looks really good in her dress. I stand up from the toilet and she sits where I was just sitting.

"Do you need me to do your hair?" I ask her.

She nods her head with a wide smile on her face. So I end up doing Virginia's hair. I end up French braiding her long hair. Mostly because I couldn't think of doing anything else to do with it.

"Thanks 'Mione" Virginia said with genuine gratitude.

"Shall we go see if the boys are ready?" I asked her.

Virginia nods, standing up from the toilet. The boys should still be getting ready in Blaise's bedroom. Virginia and I leave my bedroom. We walk to Blaise's bedroom, which was nearly on the other side of the manor.

I knock on the door and it's almost automatically opened. Blaise stands on the other side of the door, Lucas standing a few feet behind them. They're both wearing tailored black suits and black Oxfords.

Lucas also has his hair sliced back. Blaise didn't do anything with his hair.

"You look nice, 'Mione" Blaise says.

"Thanks" I reply.

"Virginia you also look good" Blaise says, quickly so his younger sister doesn't start yelling at him.

"Can we come in?" Virginia asks impatiently.

Blaise opens the door and moves out of the way so the two of us could walk into the room. Lucas smiles at the two of us and the two of us smile back at him.

"Are you two done getting changed?" Blaise asks.

"Yeah. Are you guys done?" I reply.

"Yes we are, do you two know if Mum and Dad are done getting ready?" Lucas replies.

"Nope" I reply.

"We should go to the foyer anyways, we told Mum and Dad we would go there when we were done getting ready" Lucas says, sounding antsy.

Lucas gets social anxiety around large or small groups of people outside of the family. Or that's what Blaise told me a few days ago.

"Alright, let's go then" Blaise says.

He leads the way out of his bedroom, followed by all of us. We arrive at the foyer in the matter of minutes, to find it empty.

I look at the clock on the wall and it says that it's five forty-five. Everyone should be arriving at six thirty. Aunt Lorelai said she would arrive half an hour early to help with preparation.

"Shouldn't Aunt Lorelai be arriving soon?" Virginia asks.

"Yeah, she said that she would help with preparation and stuff like that" I reply.

"Okay" Virginia says, slowly nodding her head.

~~~~~
Fifteen minutes later all of us can hear the clacking of high heels coming closer and closer to the foyer. Channary and Marcus must be done getting ready. They enter the foyer together, looking as if they had just stepped out of a modeling show.

Channary is wearing a black sleeveless Chiffon evening dress. The dress has a sweetheart neckline. It's matched with a simple but beautiful pearl necklace and earrings. Her hair is styled into a elegant bouffant bun with deep side-swept bangs. Her eyes are lined with dark eyeliner but other than that she's not wearing any makeup at all.Simply put she looks like a super model.

Marcus is wearing a black narrow peak lapel dinner jacket with a black tie and a white button up shirt underneath. He's wearing tailored black suit pants to match and black Oxfords. His outfit is extremely similar to what Blaise and Lucas are wearing.

"Mum you look stunning!" Virginia says, smiling at Channary.

"As do you, sweetie" Channary says, smiling at her youngest child.

Channary looks at all of her children with a wide smile on her face. Marcus looks at all of us with a proud look on his face.

That was when there was a knock on the door.