Chapter 2

When the three arrived at the hospital, the doctor rushed Logan to the emergency room to check for internal bleeding. Liam and Emily waited anxiously in the waiting room, calling everyone they could get a hold of. They were soon met with pretty much the entire group of original Avengers, void of Captain America, of course, because no one had heard from him for years.

"What happened to him?" Peter asked.

"Zeke got a hold of him, threw him against the lockers. He had his head pretty banged up," Liam explained.

"Did Logan provoke Zeke or something?"

"Well, he kind of picked me up," Emily said slowly, rubbing her arm in memory, "and slammed me against the locker."

Peter put his hand on his forehead. "Kid's a natural-born hero, kind of like his father."

Liam and Emily looked at each other with wide eyes, but Peter doesn't notice because he's too busy looking at Gwen with wide eyes in realization that he just let out a huge clue.

"Where is Logan? Can we see him?" Gwen said quickly, changing the subject.

Just then, a nurse came in and asked for Logan's family. She was surprised when nearly everyone in the waiting room stood up. A child who was with his mother looked on with a gaping mouth as he realized that these men and women, who stood with pride, were superheroes.

"We're Logan's parents," Gwen said. "How is he?"

"Well, he had a bad blow, but no internal bleeding. He should be fine, but we'll need to keep him here for a few days." The nurse gave a dry smile, then left without further ado.

"We have to see him," Liam told the others.

Thor nodded. "Let me see if I cannot sway the nurse." He got up and walked in a way he probably thought normal and attractive, but looked like a penguin with a stomachache.

The rest of them couldn't hear what he said to the nurse, but somehow she was smiling and blushing, and soon Liam, Peter, and Gwen were allowed into his room.

Gwen's face drained of color when she saw Logan, but she still had a normal expression, not wanting to upset him.

"Jeez, how bad do I look, Gwen?" Logan asked. He never called them Mom and Dad. He couldn't bring himself to.

Peter chuckled, trying to brighten the mood, but he had nothing to say.

Logan winced. "How did he hit me so hard?"

Liam grimaced. "I have no idea. I was right there too. It looked bad."

Logan sighed. He hated that it was so easy for the others to be the heroes, when he was average and got knocked out with one little blow.

They saw that he wasn't really going to say anything more, so Gwen asked, "The others are outside, honey. Do you want them to come in?"

"Just Emily."

Gwen nodded and they filed out of the room one by one. When at last Liam left, he gave Logan a wink.

############################################################

Finally an update! Hope you like it. Sorry for such a long break, I literally had no time to write.

~Adrian

PS I blame my sister