Chapter 8

"We need to accept that we won't always make the right decisions, that we'll screw up royally sometimes" ~Arianna Huffington

Malik's POV

I turned to the end of the page and saw both of our signatures. I see now why he was smiling. Realization dawned on me. Damn, this bastard trapped me.

I should have known better by now that my father would try to do something crazy. But what does he gain from this I wonder. But not only that, how did I let him manipulate me like this? I actually remember now

Flashback:  2 years ago

I just checked my watch and realized that it was getting late now, I was still not done with my work, and I don't want to go home until  I do. Few more papers to sign, and statistics to check I told myself. Hopefully, I will be done in 30 mn, or so I thought when my dad barged in my office without knocking. What did he want again.

"Dad, I am working. If  you want, I can pass by the house later" I told him, without moving my eyes from the papers in front of me.

"Later? I came here personally to make sure that you would hear the deal I have to offer" He said. This made me look at him and see if he was playing or not

"A deal? How nice of you" I said sarcastically

"Of course a deal. I am pretty sure you won't say no to it once you hear it, but you have to listen to the whole thing and not interrupt me if you want me to leave quickly" He said with an arrogant voice 

"Of course" I said now totally curious to what this old man has to propose to me

"So here is the thing, I would like for us to make a contract. So basically, I know a girl from a respectable family, because I used to be friends with her dad . I want you to marry her in return, gain 75 % of all of my assets" He said all serious. This now got my whole attention. What is he planning now? Because I just have a feeling this isn't just it. He wouldn't give up on more than the half of his assets to me, no matter how he loves me. So now, what is his agenda?

"So, you are telling me that you are going to give up on all of that, just so I can marry a girl?" I asked him, not believing him for a second

"Yes"

"And, I also have to believe you don't have a hidden agenda behind that?"

"Of course I won't be hiding anything. The whole thing will be under the contract, which you can fully checkout before signing" 

If that is the case, I don't think this will be so bad. And on top of that, he didn't say anything about not divorcing right after, right? I think I like this idea, once I merge that with my own company, I will be one of the richest man in the world. I really like the idea. But I will have to think more about it later, because I need to concentrate on the work I have to finish, and I know for a fact that he won't leave until I say yes.

"Fine, I agree. You can send me the contract later" I told him, trying to finish the work I had in front of me.

"No need to wait til later. I knew you would say yes, that is why I brought the contract here" He said before giving me the paper that was in his hands this whole time. This sounds really suspicious and it made me knit my eyebrows

"Alright, I will read it later and sign it then" I told him, still not relaxing in front of him. I can't let my guard down around him. I know he is capable of anything.

"Actually, it has to be now or never. My flight is in an hour and I need to have the contract with me, wheter it is signed or not. I am going over to see the girl and her father. But I can give you the time you need to read it carefully now" He added, sounding really confident. He knows that I would do it because I don't trust anyone when it comes to business.