Epilouge

Epilogue

Only the good die young.

_____________________________________________________________

I am a dreamer and when I wake,

I'm not sure how I ended up here... It's all a horrible, horrible blur. I only remember bits and pieces.... the flash of hair, the bright eyes, and the moment of impact. It's my fault. I could've just waited. But, I didn't. So now, as a sick punishment for what I have done, I stand here, in the middle of an empty cemetery, staring at one stone in particular.

You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.

He had left me on that hill. He just left me there... For hours I sat there in shock, in pure shock that he had just got up and left so suddenly. And then, as the moon shone high above my head, I finally let myself cry. I cried and I cried and I cried until I couldn't anymore. Eventually, my aunt found me on top of that damn hill. She whispered to me that everything was going to be okay, and that everything was going to be fine. I didn't even question how she already knew... I just reluctantly got out of my fetal position and managed to make my way back to her car, and we drove off.

And as you move on, remember me,

I got home to find Chase's grandmother frantic as to where Chase could be. He had never come home, all she had received was a mere phone call, a phone call where all he simply said was, 'Goodbye, never forget about me.' The same line he had thrown on me.

Remember us and all we used to be.

I started to worry he would do something rash, run away from all his problems. But, then I thought he would've taken me with him. This caused a domino effect of emotions to run through me. I questioned his love for me, I questioned his mental state, I even questioned if I was good enough to him or not. But, in the end, all I wanted to do was find him. To find out what was going on.

I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.

I probably should've followed him when he told me he was leaving. Should've held him back and begged him not to leave and go wherever he was going. But, I was in such a horrible state of shock it was nearly impossible to move at that very moment. But then I got home, and all I wanted to do was find him. So, I did the first thing I could think of, I hopped in my aunt's black car and drove off into the night in search for my lost lover.

I've watched you sleeping for a while.

I drove all around the neighborhood, looking for that damn shiny Porsche, but came up utterly empty. I moved on to running through the parks, screaming his name, begging for him to come out from wherever he may have been. But I had no such luck. He wasn't there either.

I'd be the father of your child.

So now the scene is set, my eyes are drowning in mad tears, I'm driving at a blinding speed, and I'm impossibly angry. Angry at this damn boy for just disappearing into the night like nobody cared. My car sped down this damn road, and I was on the brink of screaming. I pulled out my phone and typed in the number I had memorized. And began to type a message to this damn boy.

I'd spend a lifetime with you.

I didn't even look up from my phone as I continued to drive down that damn road. It didn't matter to me. There was no one on the roads, no one. There was just Kaleigh Phillips and her hopeless searching for a boy who was long gone. But then something happened ... I had looked up for a mere second, seeing that the light in front of me had turned a dark shade of red and that a slight shadow was now in that light.