Chapter 12

Rose POV: (O.o)

I woke up to the sound of branches snapping, then a scream.

Lilly and Ivey.

I took off into the general direction of where I heard the scream, and what I saw shocked me to the core. They both were tied up, well pinned down against the ground by a net.

I got to them just seconds late. A career, but not just any career, it was Josh, threw two knives. One hit Ivey in the neck and the other hit Lilly in the stomach, deep. I knew they both were fatal.

I drew back my bow and shot. A clean shot went straight threw his neck.

A few seconds later, I heard three cannons. Josh, Lilly, and Ivey.

I thew my bow down, planning to get it later, and ran to a stream. I sat down and started to sob. I did what my mother said "Freak Out".

I sobbed for Lilly and Ivey. I also cried for me, I was now labeled as a murderer. I killed someone from my own district.

I finally grew hatred. Hatred for the Capitol. They put me in this mess. I hated them with a burning passion. Then I realized something. Iris.

I left her at the tree!

I took off towards the camp and grabbed my bow on the way.

I got to where the tree was, but no Iris.

Where is she?

I called her name, then realized something. I left my bow in the clearing. The three shots. She probably thought I was dead.

Twins have a "special bond" so to speak, so if she didn't feel anything, she wouldn't mourn my death so much. Well at least I have that.

Iris POV:

I looked to the sky and saw Lilly and Ivey, then the next picture shocked me. It was Josh. Where was Rose? I was positive I heard three cannons today. Then it hit me.

Our bond. I didn't feel her die.

She was alive? She was alive!

I had to find her. I just knew it. I had to get my sister back, one way or another.

I looked over at Vee and saw she was done with our make-shift dinner. I tried to remember how comfortable I felt with a complete- well now,Vee isn't a stranger anymore. She was my other sister.

I would protect her, and she would protect me.

I looked at a tree and started to sing. I was known to do that just to clear my head, The song was a lullaby. Aunt Katniss sang it to Rose and I all the time.

'Deep in the meadow, under the willow.

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.

Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes.

And when again they open, the sun Will rise.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.

Here the daisies guard you from every harm.

Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.

Here is the place where I love you.'

I heard Vee gasp. "Oh. My. Gosh. That was the most beautiful thing I'd ever heard."

Then very eerily, the mockingjays picked up my song.

"Thanks." I said with a blush.

"No, seriously. That was beautiful. The birds stopped to listen." Vee explained.

"Yeah, just like my aunt, Katniss." I said.

"Wait... like THE Katniss?" she asked.

"Yeah, I thought you knew." I said weirdly.

"Well, I didn't... that's so cool!" she said excitedly.

"Well, you seem to get excited over nothing." I laughed.

"Yeah... I'm known to do that." she said with a blush.

"This is why were friends." I said.

"I'm your... friend?" she asked.

"Well, yeah." I said.

That's when she hugged me. I no longer felt alone. I just nee to find my sister.

I uploaded!!! Luv all you!!! Thanks 4 commenting!! I PROMISE I will upload sooner from now on! OH!! I'm making a sequal to this book, so if you made a charector and it's not in this one, it will in the 2nd one!! ThAnK yOu SoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO mUcH!!!!!

Crazyblonde13!!

I will upload probablly tomorrow!