Prologue

September 25th, 1820

“Mister Mikaelson?”, a sweet voice sounded from behind me.

“Yes?”

“Pardon my sudden appearance, I didn´t mean to disturb your work-“

“Then why did you?”, I laughed.

“Because I´m asking for your help”, the girl´s voice sounded more demanding than explaining and I grimaced as she couldn´t see my face.

“And why would I-“, I turned around, dropping the cloth in my hand. “Dear lord”

There was a girl, a young woman more likely, her mint green dress smeared with something that looked a whole lot like blood.

“Are you hurt?”, I asked, staring at her dress.

There were masses of blood, the expensive looking fabric was literally soaked with it.

“What? No, don´t be ridiculous, my lord”, she frowned.

“Are you sure?”, I questioned.

The young lady simply laughed, making my mind go fuzzy.

“What happened to you?”, I asked, unable to take my eyes of her.

“To me? Nothing, my lord”, the girl smiled sweetly. “But to the people I travelled with. One might say they were victims of- a monster”

Her voice was so sweet and alluring and yet so full of darkness and danger. However I only stared at her. I was in some kind of trance, taken aback by her stunning beauty. While everything around us got blurry and irrelevant, the focus was on the young woman, beautiful as the night.

“What monster are you talking about?”

“People told me I could find you here, working as a humble man although you are of higher surroundings”, she smiled, not judging like Father and Mother, but friendly.

“Why were you looking for me, may I ask?”, I almost whispered.

I was simply breathtaken by her smile, her eyes and all in one her beauty. However she remained silent, only locking her eyes with mine.

“Who are you, my lady?”, I asked, smiling down at her.

Her pretty lips formed an evil smile, though sweet as it could be.

“The monster”

Everything went black.