Chapter 2- Missing

Dedicated to NightFlower because she made the awesome cover for me! :D

TOPH P.O.V.   

     "LET ME OUT OF THIS STUPID BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

     Toph bangs her fist against the box repeatedly. She couldn't see anything in the big hunk of wood, but she knew they were moving.

     "When we get back to the village," it was the voice of the guy they called Kankuro," We'll let you out so you can explain yourself, but until then we consider you a threat." Toph was going mad in the box, but her knuckles hurt too much to keep up the hitting. She had a terrible headache from whatever gas had knocked her out, worsening her mood, but yelling wasn't getting her anywhere.

     Toph got quiet and started to concentrate on the wall. Very slowly, like a faded and fuzzy T.V. she began to see the world around her. She was on the back of some puppet thing, and the small group was headed towards.... a mountian? No... it was a city of... EARTH!! Toph smiled and relaxed in her little prison.

     I don't have to explain myself to anyone.

GAARA P.O.V.

     The sun was beginning to set, as they returned back home. The sand village was now in view but Gaara wasn't thinking about home. He was thinking about the girl. After Kankuro had the girl under control, Gaara had already put two and two together. The girl didn't look at him like a monster when he first walked up. He thought he might not of known who he was, but when Kankuros puppet appeared behind her, and she didn't try to run from it, he knew she was blind.

     "Gaara?" Tamari had a look of concern on her face, " Are you okay? You've been kind of quiet." Kankuro bursting into laughter, almost losing his balance. Temari glared at him," What's so funny?!"

     "Since when isn't Gaara quiet?! Hahahaha!!!....(THUNK)....OUCH!!!!!!!!" Kankuro fell to the ground, holding his hands to the back of his head. Temari looking cross as she set her fan back over her shoulder. "That.... hurt....."

     "It was supposed to!" Temari looked back at Gaara, who had stopped still. He turned around and looked at Kankuros puppet, where the girl had grown silent.

     "Lets go home. I just need to rest." Turning away Gaara continued on as Kankuro picked up his puppet, and Temari puts her fan away. 

TOPH P.O.V.

     The ground is a welcome sight as Toph is tossed into a chamber. The bars slam behind her, as Temari sits down on a small wooden stool. Toph stands up and places her hands on the wall, trying to get a map out of the new place. They were about 50 feet underground, making up 3 levels to the surface. A total of sixs gaurds were on each level, all positioned evenly on the spiral stone stair case leading up to the suface.

     Too easy.

     "Hey!" Toph turned around to face Temari, who was watching her carfully. "What are you up to? Not trying to find a way out are you?"

     "Actually, I didn't have to fing a way out." Toph raised her right hand and sharply moved it to her left foot. The wall next to Temari moved with lightning speed, slamming Temari to the ground. "I just had to figure out who I should take out first." With Temari on the ground, the gaurds began to flow down the staircase, responding to the loud crash of boulders. Facing the staircase entrence into the room, Toph moved both hands upward, raising the steps towards herself. The force slamed the gaurds to the bottom floor.  

      As Toph walked up the staircase, she noticed that she was the only one in the three levels of chambers. Stepping out into the sun, Toph stretched her arms out, cracking her back casually. Thats when she heard the familier clicking of Kankuros puppet.

       Crap!!

     Toph forced the ground around her upward, forming a cone of hard ground around herself.

     Okay, I've got to think. I cant find that stupid puppet, because it's not toching the ground.... What do puppets do?

     BOOOM!

     Oh no!!! Come on Toph think! Puppets need, they need... PUPPET MASTERS!!

GAARA P.O.V.

     She's smart. She was able to escape even Temari.

     Gaara, Kankuro, and Baki were sitting on the building across the underground chambers. From below they watched the girl walk out of the chambers like nothing was even wrong. Baki looked nervous as he called for Kankuro.

     "Kankuro, capture her before she can escape."

     "Got it."

     Running his chakra through his fingers, Kankuro began to move Kuroari towards the girl. She immedietly heard him and lifted a shield, made from slabs of hard earth. Baki had expected this, so Gaara stood up to move next. Using his sand, Gaara bagan to cover the earth with sand, while Kuroari slammed his body against the earth to cover Gaaras' movments. That's when the ground under Kankuro collapsed, and he fell to the first floor of the three story building they were scouting from.

     "Kankuro!!" Gaara moved his sand to catch Kankuro, but shards of rock raced towards Gaaras' face, forcing the sand to move from Gaaras' command and protect his left side. The girl was standing on the ground, her palm facing Gaara, her other hand facing Kankuro. That was when Kankuro dissapeared below the sand, sinking to quickly to yell.

     "KANKURO!!"

     Now I'm going to kill her!

     "Gaara." Baki-sensei placed his hand on Gaaras' shaking shoulder, raising his voice to grab Gaaras' attention.  "Don't do anything rash. If you want to see your brother you need to capture the girl alive." Gaara continued to shake, anger flowing through his body.

     She took my brother... She hurt Temari... I can't let her live.... But if I kill her now I might not find Kankuro again... What do I do?!

     That was when the girl fell to the ground, and became completly still, as Temari walked out from the chamber.

     "If anyone's going to kill this girl," Temari shouted up to Baki and Gaara," I've got dibs!"