Chapter 1

Finding love in California’s Nightclub.

Chapter 1:

Lily-May p.o.v

Right now I am in my limousine travelling to Bristol to catch a plane to California. My stupid work-alcoholic dad is making us move leaving all my friends, my dance crew and family behind in England. Me and my twin brother, Conner had no say in this. My mum died in a car crash, we was both the age of six ever since my dad has been a work-aholic and me and my brother have been bought up by nannies and each other.

 My mum loved to dance, it was her passion. She was brilliant at dancing and passed on her love of dancing on to me. Dancing is my life! I used to do ballet lesson, for 8 years then moved on to street dance when I was ten and carried on till now. I am 16 years old now. I remember my first day at my ballet class, I was 3 years old, I loved it and I couldn’t stop dancing. I used to dance with my mum all the time, and my dad and brother would just cheer us on. The thought of my mother and the way my dad used to act so loving, caring and kind bought tears to my eyes.

 Conner is very protective of me but we both are really close. For about half an hour now I’ve just been on my phone but it’s just died on me so I’m just going to go to sleep.

I closed my eyes for literally 30 seconds and I was almost asleep until the limo went over a bump in the road causing me to fall of the seat knocking dads brief case over. Me and Conner look at each other and I know he was thinking the same as me, ‘shit!’. The limo stopped and Steve, our driver said “We are here”, we looked at him sending a thankful smile. He knew my dad would start shouting soon.

Steve was always a life saver, he took us everywhere, got us presents, gave us advice and was always there for us and that’s why we was so close. I hugged Steve after Conner; dad was already on our private plane, Conner got on the plane. “Thank-you for everything and putting up with my dad, I hope I get the old him back. I will miss you” I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes. “I hope so too and I am only a phone call away. I will always be here for you, I love you!” he replied. He grabbed me into another hug. My dad shouted for me to hurry up. “I love you too, bye.”

As I walked towards the plane to my new life I looked behind and Steve was waving us off at this point I couldn’t hold it in and started crying my eyes out I glanced back over at my dad and he’s calling me over to get on the plane. I was walking up the stairs and took a lolly out of my pocket I don’t like flying anyway so I was shitting bricks in my seat. Soon it was time to set off to California, wish me luck.