Chapter 6

Dress to impress.

                Not too much hanging out.

                The thoughts rang in my mind while I looked for something to wear. Max was right. I didn’t really dress to impress because I felt like I didn’t need to. But maybe he liked that sometimes I looked nice? And I couldn’t look too slutty, either. I didn’t want any fat hanging out.

                I decided on a black skirt that went up to my waist line and a red crop top. I was going to be sneaking out for the first time. My parents had to work in the morning so they were already in bed. It was almost midnight, and Max would be here soon. After I slipped on the clothes, I rushed into my bathroom and applied some eyeliner and mascara. I then put a few curls in my hair with the curling iron I had already heated up. I walked back into my room and wore the same black heels that I wore to the frat party because they seemed to match the outfit nicely.

                I saw headlights through my window and smiled. Grabbing my bag, I slowly opened my door and peered out into the hallway. When I figured everything was clear, I stepped out and shut my door, then tip toed down the stairs and out the front. My heels clicked against the driveway as I made my way into his car, greeting him with a kiss on the lips. “Alright, let’s go.” He said, and pulled out of my driveway.

                We were heading to his mom’s house. His mom and two sisters were out visiting his grandparents, so he had the house to himself and was throwing a party. His friends were looking after it while he went and picked me up. “You look so sexy.” He said, cutting off my thoughts.

                I blushed. “Thank you.” I said softly.

                He parked in the driveway and we both got out. Intertwining my fingers with his, we walked into the house. There were people everywhere. Lights and music blasted through every room while people danced and drank. Jim handed me a shot of Vodka when we got into the kitchen, and I took it in one gulp. “Damn girl.” Max said, causing me to laugh.

                I was the dumb one who took four more shots after that because I couldn’t feel anything. I knew in the back of my mind that it would take a little for the alcohol to set in, but I was impatient. After the shots I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a Blast. I had requested it because I thought they were really good. I was still not feeling anything from the alcohol so I figured this would be okay.

                I made my way back over to Max and opened the bottle. “You should probably slow down.” He said to be and laughed.

                I shook my head and took a swig. “I’ll be fine. I’m tough.” I said and nudged him lightly.

                He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around me. “Wanna go dance?” He asked.

                “Yeah.”

                He took my hand and led me to the living room where everyone was dancing. We made our way to the middle of the crowd and I got closer to him. Our bodies grinded along each others as I took a few sips of the Blast. I felt great. The lights and the music went well perfectly with each other. I was so lost in the music that I didn’t realize I had finished my drink until I tried taking another sip and didn’t get anything out. “I’m gonna go get another.” I said.

                “You sure you can handle another one? These have 12%, remember?” He warned me.

                “I’m sure.” I said confidently, then turned around to walk to the kitchen.