Runaway Princess - Prologue

Hello friends!

I have finally been legally able to upload the prologue to the sequel of She's the Bodyguard, "Runaway Princess." I know some may hate Annie but I believe that there is always a reason why people are the way they are. We are all shaped by our experiences and we are who we are because of them. So if you'd give me and Annie a chance, I hope to tell you all her story!

I will not be posting on this book anymore. I was only doing so in order to let people know that a sequel DOES exist! I will post the prologue below but all other chapters from here on out will be on a separate book which you can find on my profile page! Happy reading~!

tl;dr you can read more chapters by looking for the book on my profile!

Prologue

"can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?" k.w.

"What's a pretty girl like yourself doing walking alone at this time?" The stranger in the street wore a dark brown cloak, his tunic loose underneath and his breath smelling like the tavern down the street.

The sun had already found its rest past the horizon with the exception of a few rays lighting up what was left of the orange-blue sky.

Annie kept walking, her heart pounding out of her chest. For the hundredth time in the past three weeks, she felt like a prey, just waiting to be taken by a predator. She had done well with keeping herself out of the streets before dusk, but she decided to travel to the next town to give her a head start for the next day.

She thought her luck helped her this far in escaping the castle and the people who wanted her dead, but she realized that maybe karma had come to finish her off after all. She had many skeletons in the closet, most of which were forced onto her by her father to continue through with his plans – plans she never thought could have the potential to harm someone. The burden of her actions was something she knew she had to carry for the rest of her life.

"Hey! I was talking to you, girl," the man said, grabbing her cloak, sending the hood back to reveal her face.

She cursed under her breath as her white blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders. The distinctive color had always given her unwanted attention, and growing up she hated it until she learned to use it to her advantage to seduce men and gain the power she needed to protect herself. But now, all she wanted was to be unseen – to be ignored by men, however, there was no place to hide now.

"You look familiar." The man gave a thoughtful look, but the slur of his voice gave her hope that he wouldn't be able to put the pieces together.

Annie took that advantage in attempt to escape his tight grasp but he pulled her back, her body slamming against his chest. She could smell the alcohol clearer now – cheap beer and ale. She struggled against him, but his tall stature gave him the upper hand despite his drunken state. He swung her around, pushing her body against a nearby building. Immediately he smirked as recognition crossed his face.

"I know you," he grinned, his hold on her tightening.

Fear gripped her as she grimaced at what was to come. It had been a successful three weeks, but she would have to end her journey here before she would be taken back to the castle and most likely killed for the blood on her hands.

"You're the princess," he laughed with sarcastic rhythm. "Our little Princess Anastasia, traitor to her throne and her people."

Annie scowled, struggling to escape him again but he only laughed at her attempt. He came close to her face, his hot breath making her squirm. No matter how many times she found herself in the hands of men in this manner, she never fully got used to it. Her status as a princess had never helped her from the abuse she received from any men who would look at her as perversely as this man was doing now. To them, women were just objects, and Annie despised them for it.