Chapter 3

Okay, really. If I tell you that it was one of my classmates, you'd think I just exaggerated my feelings, but really. It's not even like she's one of the mean girls or the popular ones. But get this, I just don't have people, especially not my classmates, walk to my door to address me!

I think I must have blanked out for an entire minute because the girl standing on the door is clicking her fingers in front of my face. I manage to bring my face back to its normal position and say with a strained voice, "Hi, Allina." Allina replies with a what's-wrong-with-her expression and replies, "Hi, Donatella. I just came here to return this keychain of yours," she fidgets with the purse and in her hands, I see my lucky keychain . Well, I have given it the tag of a 'Lucky Keychain' but I don't think it does any of its work. I just named it so because all my friends- that is when I had friends- had an object that they had named to be lucky for them.

I snap back to the existing condition and with a strained-yet meant to be pleasing-voice, I say, "Oh, thanks. Where did you find that from? And how did you know that it's mine?" I end my sentence with a smile. Allina remarks, "Well, I have always noticed you clinging onto the keychain many times. Then, I saw it in the basketball court near the place where you fell, so I thought it might be yours." Near the place I fell, huh? I know she is trying to be nice to me that's why she just didn't burst into laughter and said Where Paul made you fall, hahaha. I then say, "Thanks. Must have been a trouble for you to come to my house and hand it over, right?" Allina looks as though she is surprised and I seriously don't understand why she looks that way. "I don't think you were aware that I live opposite to your house." She says with a small smile and points towards the house opposite mine. "So, no it wasn't a trouble for me to hand this over to you." I simply don't know what to say when suddenly rain starts to pour down. I hear Allina say, "Are you kidding me? It's summers, right?"

I nod towards my living room and say, "You could come inside. I mean, you don't really want to get wet in this heavy downpour, right?"

Allina thanks me and walks into my living room.

"I love the interior!", says Allina while looking around.

"Yeah? Thanks."

That's when the living room faces complete five minutes of gawkiness and silence. Allina sits on the sofa while I get her something to drink. I don't know what to do now. Should I take her to my room? Probably show her my study room? I summon up my courage and walk towards the living room with a glass of orange juice in my hand. If I have decided to 'transform' this summer, I'm going to have to start taking some steps.