Nine

A/N: Firstly, I'd like to say thank you for reading. I'm losing readers so I've been a little down so I appreciate YOU! I love you with all my heart♥. Enjoy the drama and please tell me in the comments if you liked it. Also, if you did please hit the wee star? It would make my day. Thanks guys... onward to the drama.

_______________________________

Nine;

It had been a month since I arrived at the house and in that time I had managed to become an expert dagger thrower, find a best friend in Gaia, avoid my dad and make a few enemies; Adelphi and Stavros. I don’t like having enemies by any means, but when people go after me on purpose, like they constantly did, then I have no choice but to hate them.

Adelphi had made it her mission to make my life hell, she would cause havoc in the mansion and somehow blame me and talk smack about Toby, saying it was all stuff I had said. Bullshit high school stuff. I had no clue why she was after me so badly, I had made it clear to her that Toby and I were nothing more than friends who annoyed the hell out of each other, but she didn’t want to hear it.

Gaia and I were prowling the woods behind the house, looking for a kill; a simulation created by the general for training purposes of course! Deer flashed up in front of me very suddenly every fifteen seconds, I threw my dagger and hit it right in the heart. Then it was a bear at every twenty seconds, five seconds after the deer and I did the same thing again. I had been doing it for hours, but I never got tired of watching the stars erupt from my fingertips.

Once Gaia and I had learned the patterns of the animals’ appearances off by heart, we made our way out of the simulation boundaries of the woods and found camp. Sitting down in the frosty grass we lit a fire, not wanting to go back to the house just yet. Sometimes, it was a prison. I was not allowed to go too far in case I was spotted by the Sanguinem and Gaia, Toby and Paius were not allowed to go either as they had to watch my every move. Adelphi had this job too, but she fought until she was taken off duty, returning to her usual subject; an Occuli girl.

Chuckling, Gaia pulled out a paper bag of popcorn from her back pack and held it over the fire from a great height; standing up on her feet and stretching her arm in the air, sure not to set the bag on fire. We laughed together as we heard it pop in different tones and squeal slightly from the heat. “Don’t eat me.” She imitated the sound of the squeals, her face contorting until she was no longer beautiful, well, beautiful for a circus animal. I almost fell over laughing.

We crunched on the popcorn in silence lying opposite ways with the top of our heads touching, looking up at the sky which was still bright, but bitter cold. Silence with Gaia wasn’t uncomfortable; sometimes it didn’t even feel like we weren’t talking. One another’s company was enough for us.

“Have you ever tried to use your abilities in other ways?” Gaia asked, breaking the silence.

“What do you mean?”

“Like when you throw the knives, your stars come out. Have you ever tried to make them come out, you know, on their own?”

“Hmm.” My eyebrows knitted together. “Before all of this, I thought it would just appear, but there’s a good chance I was making it happen.”

“Try it!” she said excitedly, turning over onto her stomach to face me. “The sky is your ceiling.”

I raised my hands toward the clear blue sky and waited. Nothing.

“Don’t think about anything, clear your mind.” Gaia continued.

I kept my hands in the air and jutted them forward slightly, using the force I use to throw a dagger. The tiny part of the sky we were under turned black, stars took to the sky like butter does to toast; melting into the surface so elegantly. As I ran my finger through the air, a shooting star followed it.