Lost and Drifting

"Vasquez wake up! You're going to miss the shuttle to Alpha Base Academy!"
"Aaah! Leave me alone, I'm tired and the Academy can wait!"

Four loud thumps reverberated through the room. "Get up you lazy bastard!" "Ugh fine!"

With a yawn, I wiped the sleep from my eyes and stretched out. A robot 97-B Servitor wheeled through the door. It's eerie red pathfinding lights guided the robot next to me.

"What is it Gib?" A metallic voice rang out. "Sir I am designated as G1-B not... Gib."
"Oh, sorry G1-B I didn't mean to hurt your umm... Gears."
"That is quite all right my gracious master! I only wish to correct you if your neural pathways are clogged with dopamine."
I patted the side of the bots wheel housing. "It looks like you're enjoying your new Alpha Twin Drive, buddy!"

"Oh yes, I am finding the increased velocity and acceleration most pleasant indeed! I feel like a new model Servitor! But please master, I wouldn't want you to think me obsolete..."

Gib had been with me since dad passed away. It was his robot - his pet, but the little tin can grew to become a great and loyal friend.

"Gib, I wouldn't trade you for Nissan Gamma Ray!" That gave way to a dramatic sigh of relief from the little bot as he bowed on his wheel.

"Master, you are very kind. Sir?
Sir?"

Suddenly, I awaken from my dream. A distorted memory from a peaceful time before the Third World War. When robots were Servitors and not instruments of mass destruction and the ratification of Kainin, Master of Alpha Sector - which spans nine hundred star systems. He was my target and I was supposed to be his assassin. How very wrong I was.
Blackness.

"Ugh, damn blood!" I opened my good eye and felt a warm sensation. A tear rolled off my cheek and into my Grav-Suit.
"Oh god! No!!
"Attention, Lieutenant Colonel Vasquez. Your Grav-Suit is severely damaged. Your helmet is cracked and the main oxygen cord is severed. I calculate that you will start to experience the effects of oxygen deprivation in fifteen minutes."

"What now? What bit of useless advice can you give me, huh?"

"There is hope."