5

Castiel sat at the table musing over deans words. Did dean want children? With him? Maybe it had just been a playful saying. Who would even carry the children? Could dean carry them?
Castiel had so many questions fluttering through his mind. He should take Dean to the doctor, check his wing growth. They should also check to see if Deans body had accepted the new changes to being an angel, had his body created a space that he would be able to carry children in?
Will the children even be legal? "Well the should be." Castiel thought out loud. Even if they were both now hybrids they were also still both technically angels, just a new breed. That thought was reassuring to Castiel.
He heard a patter of feet and a rustling of wings as dean slid into the kitchen his pure black wings spread out their like blue and green feathers sticking out. "I made them come out all by myself." Dean stated happily spinning around. Castiel ducked to avoid being slapped from a wing.
"Very good Dean." he praised running his fingertips over the soft black feathers. Dean focused hard and the wings softly curled around Castiel nudging him closer to his husband.
"I learnt that before I came in here. I was practising, did I do it okay?." Castiel chuckled at deans puppy eyes. He slipped his fingers between his lovers nodding approvingly before placing his lips on deans soft plump ones.
"My grace looks good on you Winchester." Castiel said as a soft blue light lit up deans green eyes. He was hoping for a smile but was instead met with a glazed expression. "I know that look," he whispered as he moved to the cupboard looking for a bottle of aspirin. He ran a glass if water before moving back to the table, he set everything down and whispered the command in Enochian for deans wings to hide themselves. He pushed his husband down into a chair and flicked a little tuff of sandy hair out of his face.
Castiel watched carefully alert for danger while dean was out of it. He had his angel blade drawn seconds after the rustling of wings behind him alerted him to another angelic presence. "put it away Cassie." came a huffed voice from behind him.
Castiel spun on his heels to see Gabriel standing there. He was holding Sam's limp unconscious form in his arms. The younger Winchester was covered in a dark crimson liquid, deep gashes cover his body and one especially painful looking one on his throat. Castiel saw the pain breaths moving the gash up and down. "what happened? and you are supposed to be dead."
"Not dead just hiding baby brother, Sammy was attacked by a hell hound. I was watching over him, my batteries are drained I can't heal him, I just barely managed to fly us here. I need you to help me Cassie." Gabriel pleaded tearing his eyes from Sam's face to look Castiel in the eyes.
Castiel helped Gabriel put Sam on the kitchen table before raising his hands over Sam's throat. He started healing the younger Winchester when a gasp from dean meant he was back in his body. "Dean, help me!" Castiel said, it was supposed to come across as a command but instead sounded more panicked and desperate.
Dean was on his feet and at Castiel's side faster then humanely possible. "I don't know what to do Cas" Cas looked to his husband seeing the beautiful green eyes shine with fear and tears. He cupped deans hand and raised it over Sammy's body.
"Dean, let you love for Sammy flow through you feel it and push it forwards, let it flow from you hands, use it to strengthen your grace to heel him." Dean focused hard and a light blue light shone from his hand, it was not powerful enough. "Focus harder Dean, your doing great." Castiel urged.
Dean forced himself to focus even harder on Sammy and the blue became more powerful, it healed Sammy and it wasn't long before a sharp gasp for air pushed them both away. Dean let a soft sob of relief as Sammy sat up on the kitchen table.
Deans wings popped out happily and he wrapped them around Sammy sending both Gabriel and Castiel off balance. The younger Winchester yelped at the sight of two black wings emerging from his brothers back. "What the hell?" he squealed pushing back from Dean.
"I am an angel Sammy." dean said proudly.
"Dean what did you do and oh my chuck is that a wedding ring?"
Dean forced his wings away laughing as he saw Castiel brushing off. "I'm sorry baby." he muttered holding his hand to Castiel. Castiel took the hand showing off their matching gold bands. The were inscribed and Sam took both hands to read them clearly.
Castiel's said, 'I rescued you from hell' and Deans read 'I brought you back from heaven.'
Gabriel coughed drawing the the younger winchester's gaze from the rings. He glared at the smaller man. "Gabriel I need a word with you in private." his words came across as a his and Gabriel flinched. He left the room ready to be shouted at.

Sam left the other two men in the kitchen and guided Gabriel to his room locking the door behind him.
Gabriel gulped as Sam approached looking taller and angrier the the smaller man had ever seen him. He braced himself for the ass whooping he deserved but instead Sam fell to his knees wrapping his arms around Gabriel's waist. He buried his face into the angels belly and let out soft muffled sobs.
The angel ran his fingers in Sam's soft brown hair. He lowered himself to place a kiss to the man's head. The other held tightly, "Don't you ever die on me again you son of a bitch. I cried for months I barely ate a thing, no matter how many sweets Dean left on my bed while I was asleep."
"Dean never left those sweets I did, and the angel teddy. I wanted to let you know, I even wrote a message in Enochian inside the angels jacket."
Sam reached for the little replica of Gabriel that sat on his bed. He unbuttoned the little jacket and inside were golden symbols. "what does it say?"
"It says 'I will always be here for you my angel love your Gabriel.'" Gabriel sank down so he was face to face with Sam. "I never left you Sammy, I watched over you every day. I stayed hidden taking time to calm you when sleep left you restless or you needed heeling from the damage you inflicted on yourself.
Sam closed the distance between their lips. He released a muffled sigh and sank into the angel. "never go away again Gabe."
"I promise you I won't my mate." Sam sighed happily closing his eyes he was finally complete again with his mate.

"I could see Sam's soul when I was healing him." Dean said looking at Cas and nursing his head. "he has Gabriel's mark on his soul."
"he was Gabriel's for a long time dean. Dad marked both you and Sam as angelic mates long before you were even in the womb. Your soul contains my mark, it meant that only I could pull you from the pit. It also meant we had a profound bond therefore you were physically marked by my grace."
Dean took a moment to think before asking his next question. "How long have you known that I was your mate?"
"Ever since my father created you my love. When I was not studying at the academy I was watching over you. I watched lovingly as my father built you soul and marked it with my name. You were the only thing that got me through my classes. I channelled all the love I have for you in my life. What were you orders?"
"How do you know I got orders."
"My darling I was young once too, I know the look, tell me your homework and we can get to work."
"I have to write a 2000 word essay on angel anatomy for professor Rothman and I have learn to fly all by myself without being helped by others."
"Well we can work on that soon, I would like you to visit the doctor first my love. I need to check your developing well before our first flying lesson especially you wings and reproductive organs."
"So I can carry our babies?"
"Only if you want to." Castiel said with a smile. "I could always carry the children if you cannot or do not want to."
"I want to," Dean whispered parting his belly. "firstly though lets get this training out the way I wouldn't like to endanger our babies. I think we are going to make great parents."
Castiel nodded but was already in the phone to the angelic doctor booking dean in for a full check up.