two.

two | as the prophecy foretold

And Lux had good reason to be wary of Elijah's alleged "death". As it turned out, it was much harder to kill an Original Vampire than they had anticipated. How did she know this? Well, evidently, Elijah had killed a vampire that (potentially) could've helped her friends unbind the moonstone from the Sun and the Moon curse. That, and the act that he was just hanging out in the horse stables on her family's property.

Lux had been taking some food out to Nerissa, the Pegasus she came to town on. Her plan had been for the Pegasus to rest up then return to camp, but the creature seemed adamant on staying. Lux wasn't one to argue, so she let Nerissa stay. Since then, Lux would come out multiple times in the day to make sure that her friend was okay. But when she saw the Original Vampire standing at the entrance of the stables, Lux knew that it was far from "okay".

"What are you doing here?" Lux asked, keeping her voice steady.

"Your friends, the Salvatores, are causing more trouble than I anticipated," Elijah said. "I can't allow word to get to Klaus that the doppelgänger exists."

"But why are you here? At my house?" Lux asked. "Shouldn't you be watching over Elena or some shit?"

"And I'll be heading to her home soon," he said. He moved closer to her. Lux took a step back. "But first, I had to make sure that the demigod was okay."

Lux walked past him, going into the stables. Elijah was following behind her, watching as she fed Nerissa an apple. "I can understand why you're so concerned about Elena," she said, "but how am I important in the grand scheme of things? I'm not needed in the sacrifice. As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason for you to care about me and my wellbeing."

Elijah smiled a bit. "My family hasn't truly been a family in a long time. Three of my siblings have been...incapacitated by my half-brother, Niklaus. And Niklaus, well, has been so concerned with breaking the curse that he's forgotten anything else that mattered." He paused, waiting until Lux looked directly at him. "Centuries ago, I consulted a woman who claimed to be an Oracle. I didn't think that I'd receive any worthwhile information, but I still wondered if the Oracle could tell me if my family may ever come together again."

Lux waited for him to continue.

"The Oracle told me that a demigod could fill the cracks in our family, bring us together when we've pushed ourselves to our breaking point. Before I left, the Oracle drew what that demigod would look like. Since that day, my family and I searched relentlessly for the demigod that could bring us together. After a while, we began to think of it as a myth, some false hope that the Oracle had given us. My siblings gave up, but I never stopped searching." He paused. "Then, there you were with the doppelgänger. And, finally, my family can be together again."

"Ironic, isn't it?" Lux asked.

Elijah frowned. "What do you mean?"

"You say that I'm supposed to bring your family together, but you're supposed to bring me to my death." Elijah furrowed his eyebrows together. Lux continued, "I'm a daughter of Apollo. As the god of prophecy, his children can see glimpses of the future. My half-brother, Will, told me of a dream he had and...well..." She dug into her pocket, pulling out the drawing he had given her. She had kept it with her since she learned of Elijah still being alive. She poured over the details, trying to convince herself that the vampire in the picture wasn't the Original Vampire. She held the drawing out to Elijah. "You're not the only one with a drawing to tell the future."

He looked between the drawing and Lux. Then he said, "I never did catch your name."

"Lux," she said. "Lux Brighton. A whole other level of irony, when you consider who my dad is. Of course, it's better than others. I have a friend who's the son of Poseidon, but is named after a son of Zeus. Or the son of Hades whose last name is di Angelo."