Chapter 9

Maui POV

I woke up to a bright light. I quickly shut my eyes. It was just passed dawn? That means I went to sleep not to long ago.

I looked over at my bedside table and saw a note. I picked it up and read it:

Hey Maui, it's Mo. I love the quarts! I decided that since I'm a wako teenager that I'm going to call it Moon. I'll make sure to test your little statement about it shining. Again, thanks!

- Moana

I grinned at the part where she called herself a wako teenager. I mean, she is pretty wako. I decided to go find her. I didn't expect her to find Moon so quickly.

I headed down to her hut and I wasn't surprised when I didn't see her there. I went to the shore next, expecting her to be there. My suspicions were correct. She was... dancing?

I stood there and watched her. She seemed lost in thought and after a while, began to move into the water. She wasn't limping at all and her bandages weren't on her stomach.

I was about to call out when she stopped moving forward, still dancing.

Her moves captivated me. I stood there, watching her for a solid ten minutes before she sighed and stopped. She slowly reached into her necklace and took out the quarts she called Moon.

I saw a smile grow on her face as she spun in her hands. That's when I stepped out of the bushes. "Nice rock Princess."

She looked up at me and smirked. "Thanks, found it hidden in my necklace with a totally not obvious note telling me who it's from."

I laughed and beckoned her back to the shore. She shook her head and smirked again. "If you wanna see me, you gotta come here."

I rolled my eyes and transformed into a fish, slowly making my way towards Moana. She giggled and my heart melted.

I swam past her leg, brushing against it slightly. She jerked it away and laughed. I turned back into my demigod form and saw Moana smiling like and idiot.

I splashed her arms a little. "You call that a splash?" she asked playfully, splashing me back. I splashed her again, with more force this time.

She put the back of her hand dramatically against her forehead. "I'm dying..." she moaned.

I rolled my eyes, "Let's get back to the village."

She looked at me as though I what u were suggesting was the last thing she wanted to do. "Umm, I'll be there in a minute," she said.

I picked her up and carried her bridal style to the shore. I could feel her ribs, which reminded me to talk to her father. When I put her down and looked at her face, I saw the slightest hint of red. Was she... blushing?

She growled and walked away toward the village. I followed, going to look for Tui so he could possibly talk to his daughter about eating something.

I found Tui talking to some fishermen about a shark sighting. "Tui," I called. "A word please?" Tui nodded to his men and came up to me. "Yes Maui?"

"It's about Moana," I start. Tui instantly seems interested. "She's looking rather skinny, I can see all of her ribs. Can you talk to her about eating something, it's really tarting to worry me."

Tui nodded. "I'll see what I can do, I've been trying for a while now."

I looked into his eyes to see concern and worry. "If she still won't eat come talk to me, we'll figure something out," I told him. He smiled a thank you before turning back around to finish his discussion with the fishermen.

I went to look for something to do to take my mind off of Moana. I'll help with finishing the harvest, I thought, making my way over to the grove.

Just as the subject of Moana begins to slip from my mind, I see her walking with Aisake. They were laughing like everything was normal when Moana suddenly half fainted.

Aisake caught her and helped her steady herself. She looked dizzy. I made my way slowly down towards them.