A Mother's Broken Heart

Crickets chirped in the chilled nighttime breeze. The stars twinkled as trees, flowers, and bushes rushed past us in a blur as I kept my eyes on her. She slept soundly on him and every heartbeat drumming in my chest grew louder. I didn't want to do this...but she won't be safe with me any longer.

"This is where we depart, she will be safe here." Akihiro mumbled in a deep hushed tone as he stopped in the grass a few feet from the gates.

My voice was shaky as I fought back tears. Akihiro gently laid my little girl on the grass by a large tree.

"Are you sure there isn't another way Akihiro? She's my only daughter..." I spoke in a whisper as I knelt down in the cool grass to embraced my little girl one last time.

"She will be safer in this village, I know the Hokage will look over her. Jiraiya's a friend of mine and will learn of her and be there to protect her as well. Our days of being ninja are limited Chihiro. You're mission is compromised and the enemy will try and kill her after they finish with us."

I tried controlling my emotions. He was right. Our deaths were absolute at this point. My dark maroon hair tickled my daughter's face as I kissed her cheeks. I unhooked my necklace and tied it around her neck. My beautiful silver pendant glistened in the moonlight as I fixed the blanket around her. I placed a note in one of the folds and brushed a lock of hair away from the sleeping girl's cheek. Tears threatened to spill as I back away. Like a glass shattering on a harsh and cold surface, my heart followed. The pain was unbearable but this was the only way I could think of to keep her safe now.

"Hey! Who's there!? State your business!" Male voices echoed into the trees.

"It's the gate guards, we must go Chihiro." Akihiro stated in a hushed tone as he pulled me away.

~3rd Peron POV~

The woman and the man made it far enough away to witness the guards coming across the young girl. The guards didn't notice their presence yet but Chihiro had to make sure her daughter was safe.

"She's just a child..." One of the guards stated after he found her.

"We must inform the Hokage. Scout the area and see if this was a trap or if the parents are still near." One of the guards stated before he carefully picked up the child and brought her into the gates of Konoha.

"She is safe now Chihiro. We must flee now before anyone spots us."

A tear escaped her eye as she turned towards the moonlight and faced away from what she hoped was to be her future. She won't be there to watch her grow...to watch her become a ninja...to fall in love...none of it.

"I will always love you...Ruena"

                                                                       ^^^ (Chihiro Amari) ^^^

Hi readers! >^.^< SO I started a new story starring Kakashi! My other story isn't as good anymore so I am starting a new one 😃 Please leave comments and let me know what you think! I adore you all! Author-chan OUT!

Oh wait, btw I don't own Naruto and most if not all the art posted with this story is not mine either!