Chapter One

Once again, I am laying here waiting for this fool to come home. Countless missed calls, unanswered text messages, and still there is no response from him.

The thought to track his phone or my car came and went for I didn't want to come off stalkerish. Some would refute the stalker statement seeing as though he is driving my vehicle but others would think otherwise.

He keeps telling me I should trust him more and further claims that he was not being unfaithful. At the moment, the truth would be in the putting because this is not the first time he has come up missing.

Knowing the people that he hangs around, there is no wonder I am a bit skittish. His friends are some rabid dogs that should have been spayed and neutered a long time ago. The least number of children one of the canines have is three. The rest of the crew are nearing ten.

Since this isn't the first time, why should I have to pretend to accept the unacceptable. The few associates that I have remained in contact with all say that I am crazy for sticking around constantly accepting his promises of forever.

Two years I have spent in this relationship, at times it seems as if I were in it alone. A relationship is not meant to be one-sided but it seems to be my love life but why?

"Is it comfort?"

"Is it fear?"

"Why can't I move forward with my life?"

With everything that I know about him, one would think I have earned a bit more loyalty. Apparently, that is what I get for thinking—loyalty means nothing to him.

The doorbell ringing suddenly, shook her from her silent musings. Since he was in her car, he had access to the garage door opener so it couldn't be him.

"May I help you officer?"

"Yes, I am looking for Gabriella Cooper."

"I am she, what can I do for you?"

"Do you know a Darnell Fuller?"

"Yes, that is my boyfriend. What has he done now?" She did not miss the look he gave when she said boyfriend. The first thing that came to mind was this fool has gotten himself locked up but then I waved that thought away. Police wouldn't come to the house unless it were an emergency. "What is this about? Where is Darnell?" The odd feeling that I was not going to like what he came to say began to climb up my spine.

"There was a shooting ma'am..." Everything in and around me was swooning. Sadly, I felt relief that he obviously wasn't cheating but felt even worst when I realized he was obviously hurt.

"Oh my... tell me he isn't dead."

"No ma'am, as of right now he is in the hospital. I don't have a lot of information on his condition right now and the number listed for next of kin belonged to him. Do you have someone you can call to take you there?"

"No I have no one and he had my car."

"I can drive you but you must hurry."

"Oh, thank you so much." Gabriella rushed to dress as fast as she could.

The entire time she was searching for his location, she continued to feel awkward vibes from anyone she approached. The officer and the nurses she spoke with were acting weird.

"Baby, what happened to you? Who did this to you?" Gabriella flung herself at his bedside speaking frantically. Touching his head that wasn't covered in bandages with a feeling helplessness. Gabriella kept speaking to his still form not realizing that he wasn't alone.