Final

* * * * * 6 years later * * * * * *

"Bentley, Will you please get ready? Breakfast is ready."

"Where's my book?" Bentley yelled from his room.

"In the living room." Ryan said as he entered the kitchen with Sydney.

"Hey, pretty girl! How are you?"

"Momma." Sydney replied.

"Will you please get your son to come eat?"

"Bent, Your mother told you to come and eat." Ryan said.

"Dad, Are you eating?" Bentley said as he past Ryan.

"Yes, now go sit down." Ryan said as he sat in between Bentley and Sydney.

Sydney was smearing oatmeal all over her face, Bentley was eating scrambled eggs and Ryan had toast and eggs. It was time for me to get their lunch ready for today. After lunch was made, kids were cleaned up, and coffee was made the kids were ready to go to daycare and school.

"Don't forget about tonight." Ryan said as he put Sydney's shoes on.

"How can I forget? You're winning that Louise Ellison Award!"

"There are a number of other good doctors around Ri." He said.

"Why are you not confident in winning it? You saved Eddi, you preformed a hover, you treat young children daily, and you are amazing at your job."

"I just don't want to get my hopes up. I better get to the office, I will see you tonight. Liv is watching the kids right?" He asked.

"Yes, she is. I will pick up the dry cleaning on my way home."

"Bye, Bent and Syd. And I will see you tonight. Love you." Ryan said as he kissed all of us.

I finished up getting the kids ready and in the car, so that Bentley could get to school and Sydney could get to daycare. Bentley was dropped off right on time, which was unusal with the craziness in our house. Sydney didn't cry for the first time in weeks when I dropped her off, today was defintely going to be a good day.

I am really hoping that Ryan wins the Louise Ellison award, he deserves it with everything that has went on. Between the loss of his brother and the great accomplishments he has achieved this year, he deserves it. He is the only guy I know who has such a great desire for his job, late nights, hard decisions, and missing family time.

"Good Morning Ri!" Liv said handing me a coffee.

"Thanks Liv, Morning to you too."

"You're article has just went to printing this morning, emails have been read, and Mason wants to see you." She said.

"Okay, I'm gonna run to the bathroom and head to his office."

I finished in the bathroom and headed for Mason's office. I could see him looking at his computer.

"Mason, You wanted to see me?"

"Riley, Morning! Yes, I have good and bad news. Good news is that your article made the front cover once again! I also recieved a call from my boss Mrs. Jay and she is wanting to catch up with you and do a cover on you. You have been an outstanding writer and she is impressed with your work. She will fly in Tuesday and be here. I do want you to know that she has only made an appearance here once so this is special. Unfortunetly, I do have bad news...Poise did get ahold of your last month article and republished it. We are very unhappy and we are trying everything to get Poise to pay for their actions. I just did not want you to find out later. I will be finding a way for your articles to be protected." Mason said.