Chapter Twenty One

''Ehh, I don't want to get these stupid tests done.'' I whined for the third time as Jinxx and I were sitting in an outpaitent waiting room.

''Are you afraid of a little needle?"

''Uhm, yes! And not to mention the sheer embarassment of peeing in a cup no bigger than a dixie bathroom cup!''

''You're such a baby.'' He laughed, teasing me.

''I am not!"

''Are too!"

''Am not!"

''Are tooooo!"

''Am not not not!''

''Are too.''

''In all honesty, who sounds like a baby now?" I smirked.

''Fine you win this time.''

''Oh! Trust me I'm sure I'm going to win more than just once my dear.''

''Chantelle Evans?" I heard a female voice call my name. Jinxx helped me stand to my feet, taking my hand and leading me to the back to get my needed tests done. We walked into a brightly lit room where I sat in a chair and had my left arm extended out on a table.

''I'm just going to clean your arm off and tie this around your arm.'' I heard the nurse say as I heard her closing several drawers and felt my arm being cleaned with an alcohol wipe and tightly constricted by a rubber tourniquit.

I felt her gloved fingers feel around my arm for a suitable vein and then prepared myself to feel the nasty pinch of the needle. I squeezed my eyes shut once I felt it pierce through my skin and start to take my blood from my arm.

''All done.'' She placed a piece of gauze on my arm with some tape and helped me stand up along with the help from Jinxx.

''See that wasn't so bad.'' Jinxx whispered in my ear.

''That's not going to make me change my mind and agree with you saying I'm a baby.'' I laughed.

''Damn.''

***

After we got home I was sitting on the bed, phone to my ear as I was waiting for my mom to pick up so I could tell her the good news of my transplant. The line rang about four times until I heard some shufflng in the background and waited for her to answer.

''Hello?" She answered.

''Hi, Mom.''

''Chantelle, this is a first. I'm usually the first to call you.'' She laughed.

''Yeah, uhm, listen I have some news to tell you.''

''What is it?"

''Yesterday the hospital called me and said they found a donor for the transplant. I'm going to get the surgery at St. Francis' in San Francisco on the twenty-third of this month. I just back from getting some tests done before the actual surgery, you know just to check on your blood and whatnot.''

''Hello? Mom?"

''Ye-yes, I-I'm here. I'm-I'm just so happy for you right now. I-I never thought I'd actually hear the words saying they found you a donor.'' I smiled as tears started to roll down my cheeks while I listened to the happiness and joy in my mother's voice.

''Would you be able to fly out to San Francisco?"

''Yes! I'll do anything you need and-and..I'm just so happy this is finally happening! I'm going to call your father!-''

''Mo-Helloo?!'' I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at the blurry object.

''Chantelle! I'm so sorry I hung up on you! Sorry it's just my nerves doing this to me! I'm just so excited at hearing this!"

''I know, Mom. But listen call Dad and talk with him for a little while, okay? I'm going to see what Jinxx is up to and then give me a call later, okay?"

''Okay! I love you.''

''I love you too.'' I smiled, hanging up the phone.

''I could hear your mom yelling all the way in the other room!'' Jinxx laughed as he walked into the bedroom, sitting down next to me.

''She's really really excited about this surgery.''

''I know that, but wow! That woman has a good pair of vocal cords!" I laughed at his comment and laid on my side, propped up on my elbow.

''She said she's going to fly out here for the surgery and I think my dad might be coming along with her.'' Jinxx let out a loud groan, falling on his back and covered his face with a pillow.

''What's that noise for?" I laughed, lightly slapping his arm.

''Your dad frightens me.''

''Oh nonsense! He's just looking out for his little girl, something you'll do one day.''

''Of course, but for now how about I just look out for you and Snowflake.'' He laughed as our little kitten jumped onto the bed and bouncing on top of us.

''Deal.'' I smiled.