I Want You To Know

I met you when I was 10, we were both shy little girls. We still went to your house for dinner that night. We talked, we played, we got along together great, and I still remember what you looked like. It's scary; I still see your face on other girls.
We started becoming good friends, so at the age of 12 we had a sleep over and you met some of my other friends. It was the best night ever. We had pillow fights, we made cookies, we all stayed up until 3 in the morning. It really was the best night ever. I remember waking up that morning and walking downstairs to have breakfast. Then we made some more cookies for you to take home. Before you left, you gave me such a beautiful plate made out of clay with my name on it, and a key chain from which I still have to this day.

Few years later:

Wow, to think 2 shy girls could be best friends. It's been 4 years since we first met and its been great. We always talked on the phone, we played together, and you were the best friend I could ever have.
But it ended fast. Really fast.
I lost your number so we didn't talk for a while, and I was hoping to see you in the summer.
But that's when I got the worst news in my life.
I heard that you killed yourself. But I couldn't believe it at all, until I asked some friends and they said it was true. They even told me the way you did it. I just I wish I could say bye.
I remember being pissed at my friends, cause they never told me at all until two weeks later, it crushed me bad really bad, I remember going home and crying. I still remember cleaning my room, about two weeks after, and I found all your gifts. I cried... and I finally found your number.
And to this day I still miss you. I have that dog keychain you gave me with me everyday, people might think it's silly to have it but, it means so much to me. It came from you, I would go crazy if I ever lost it.