~1~

Dean shot up in bed. He could hear the pounding of his heart echoing in his ears. The man with the wings is back. The winged man only comes before something bad happens. 

~Then: November 2, 1983~

"Remember, Dean, everything will be okay. I'll always protect you" said the winged man. 

Suddenly, Dean was woken by a scream coming from baby Sammy's room. He ran into the hallway, where he was met by his father, who was carrying Sammy. Sammy's room was ablaze with a bright, crackling fire. "Daddy?" Dean exclaimed. John handed Dean the  baby, yelling, "Take your brother outside as fast as you can, don't look back. Now, Dean, go!" Dean quickly took his baby brother into his arms and ran. 

He made it outside, still carrying Sam. "It's okay, Sammy" Dean said as he watched the glow in Sammy's room from the front yard. Suddenly, John came out of nowhere and picked up both boys. "Gotcha" he said as the fire exploded through the windows of the house. 

Dean and John sat on the hood of the Impala, Sammy in John's arms, as the fire rescue team put out the fire. Sadly, Mary Winchester didn't make it. 

~Now~

Dean sat up in his bed as he remembered the first time he dreamt of  the winged man: the night his mother was killed by Azazel. Dean told his father about the dream he had, but John wouldn't listen. He was too distraught over his wife's death and having to raise two boys by himself to worry about the nonsense Dean's four year old mind made up. Dean never mentioned the dream to anyone after that, but that didn't stop them from coming. Suddenly, Sam rolled over in the bed next to Dean's. "Everything okay?" Sam asked when he noticed Dean was fully awake. 

"I'm fine, just had a weird dream" Dean replied with a half smile. 

Sam sat up in his bed, "Tell me about it, maybe it'll help you go back to sleep" 

With a deep breath, Dean said, "Well, it's more of a recurring dream. There's this black haired, blue eyed man in a white shirt, blue tie, black pants and a trench coat. He has these big, black wings, too. Basically, he tells me that he's protecting me and everything will be okay" 

"Hmm, when did this dream start?" 

Dean looked down as he said, "the night Mom died"

I had to rewatch Mary's death scene in the pilot to get the dialogue, it's been 12 seasons, and I still cry really hard when watching that scene! Anyway, this was the first chapter of my new Destiel fic, My Angel. Weekly updates should be starting sometime soon. :)