Chapter 4: Satan's Four Deadly Points of Attack

1. Spiritual Attack

His main goal is to make you believe that there is no God. He will always try to disappoint you in many ways. He will try to plan a certain plight in your life that will make you hate or detest God. But I tell you, do not be deceived. Don't let him in your heart and mind. Because if you do, you're giving it access to your deepest thoughts and fears. He will use that to his advantage. 

I experienced this setback during one of my darkest hour. It wasn't easy. I was so lost I thought I'd never be happy again. But God saved me. I realized that I am not alone in my struggles. The more Satan tried to pursue me, I did my best to be closer to God. I prayed and read my Bible everyday. I didn't give up. Until finally, the devil stopped and I won. 

2. Emotional Attack

The devil knows your weakest point if you let it control you emotionally. It's okay to show weakness but never ever blame anyone or God about your problems because that is part of his plan. To make you physiologically unstable and insanely incompetent. 

Don't let him rule or you'll become a hateful, selfish and a foolish person.

Never forget that God is a healer. Your problems are not of your own. Remember when Jesus said, "Cast your burdens upon me and I will give you rest." The reason you're hurting is because you're too prideful to let Jesus handle your problems. Always pray and read the Bible. Put on the whole armor of God. This is the best defense from the devil.

3. Physical Attack

The devil use mostly unbelievers to carry out his evil schemes. When a stranger or someone you know starts to plague or bully you, don't play fire with fire. You are a Christian! Love your enemies and pray to those who persecute you. I know it's difficult but if you do the same evil things to your fellowman, what would that make you? Put your faith into actions, let God be the judge.

However, aside from using helpless people, the devil also does idiosyncratic beleaguer to its victims.

I woke up one night feeling disturbed by this strange sensation all over my body. It was cold and heavy. I realized as I opened my eyes that I wasn't alone. I felt this upsetting qualm surrounding me. I could feel its disturbing and petrifying presence taunting me. I couldn't move and my body was trembling in fear. I felt it beside me, reaching out, teasing me; slowly and intimately.   I needed to pass water but I was scared to get up and go to the bathroom. I prayed and asked God, "What's going on?" But I felt its evil presence even more. It took me half an hour to finally relieve oneself. 

As I was sitting on the toilet bowl, I sensed not one but legions. I stood up and quickly ran toward my bedroom. I covered myself with the blanket. I tried to pray but my fear consumed me into hopelessness. It was indeed terrifying. I didn't try to wake up anybody because I thought that nobody would believe me. It was one of its tricks, to make me believe that I was alone. The teasing became stronger. There was no wind but the frigid atmosphere rendered me speechless and paralyzed. 

Finally, after an hour and a half of constant bullying  and frightening. I stood my ground, closed my eyes and prayed sincerely to the Lord. With a very affirmative and commanding tone, I rebuked the devil. My fear vanished and the haunting ended. I distinctly remembered how God gave me the courage to fight my enemies. It was through faith and prayers. 

Thankfully, I never experienced another evil haunting after the incident.

Overcoming such attack: 

Don't panic. This is one important lesson I learned during the insidious haunting. If you panic, you're giving the devil access through your fears. When you pray, don't hesitate, never doubt. You are a child of God and you belong only to Him. Rebuke Satan and pray for guidance! 

Other Foes:

Ever had a conflict with someone you know or with a random stranger? One word--PRAY! Aside from being a complete psycho, the devil is also an eccentric deceiver. He uses people (especially unbelievers) to act on his behalf. If you're being bullied by somebody, pray for that someone. When you are hated, shower him/her kindness. If they say something bad about you, compliment them with words of love. I know it's not an easy task because I, myself find it also difficult to express love and gratitude to those who hurt me. But as I grew closer to God, I learned to forgive people who caused me pain not just once but a hundred times.   Life is better and much happier if you let go of the hate inside your heart. 

4. Financial Attack 

Take away financial stability and everything falls apart. Being poor is not a curse like most people think. However, a weak faith leads to destruction. Because when you're down-and-out, it gives you this wrong idea of stealing, killing and to be in illegal activities just to provide your materialistic ambitions.  

My family has always struggled financially, but it never stopped us from hoping and praying. Being the eldest, I am well aware of the hardships that had been occurring to my family.  I wish I could tell you further details but it's too complicated. 

Nonetheless, if you're experiencing deep financial crisis, I encourage you to not be bothered about it. Money is just money. It doesn't last long and you can't bring it in your grave once you die. But God's perfect love is eternal and strictly irrevocable. You and I may be experiencing unexpected predicaments, earthly materials are not important once you have Jesus in your life. Because even without nothing, you feel contented and happy all the time. Although, I am not saying that you don't do something about your financial needs. I am simply saying that even if you have nothing today, be faithful, take courage, commit to the Lord everything you do and He will establish your plans. 

Life on earth is temporary and imperfect but if you put God first in your life, everything else will definitely follow. 

My family might be suffering financially today, I know that God will put an end to all our problems.