Ch. 2 His Blood, My Blood

          I was alive. I could breathe. I could see. I could feel. Eric was alive, but going to die. Eric was burning up. I could see him. I could feel his pain. I had to save him.

          Eric. Eric. Eric. Eric.

          It’s all I could hear in my head. All I could think about. I could see the dawn starting to burn him alive. I had to get to him! I didn’t even stop to talk to the other gods around me. They were yelling at me to come back but I somehow created a portal and jumped through it. I was falling through the sky with my wings open. It was like I had forgotten how to use them.

          “Come on, come on, come on,” I whispered harshly to myself and something in me got my wings to work again. I soared like a bat out of hell towards Eric who was burning alive.

          When I got to him I couldn’t exactly stop myself except I was able to wrap my wings around him as we plummeted inside the building. We were a huge boulder taking out anything coming into our path until we stopped again a wall. Thankfully there was no sun to shine on Eric but I held my wings tight around us like a cocoon.

          “Ugh,” I sighed and leaned back while I held Eric’s burnt body in my arms. The smell was disgusting but I held the urge to puke in.

          “Why am I alive?” Eric whimpered. I guess he didn’t realize I was the one to save him.

          “Because I told you to be strong.”

          This got my love’s attention because he looked up at me with his burnt face and started to cry blood. “This is a trick! You can’t be real!”

          “Oh I’m real alright. You saved me. Now drink,” I ordered and thrust my wrist to his mouth.

The urge to survive and my blood overpowered any will he had left in him and he sunk his fangs into the vein on my wrist. My ancient blood line flooded into his mouth and instantly he was returning to his normal beautifully manly self. His clothes looked pretty torched and torn but when I looked into his eyes as he drank from me I wanted to cry.

You were committing suicide. Why didn’t you do what I say?

When Eric had enough I was feeling a little dizzy but shook it off the best I could. He placed some of his blood on hit bite marks and it healed instantly.

“Thanks.” I smiled lightly at him and stood the both of us up.

“H-how are you alive? You were dead, and then- I heard- but still-”

          “Violet!”

          Eric spun around fast and growled.

          “Eric hold on!” I urged and saw that it was Max.

          “You’re alive!” Max laughed at me in disbelief and ran to me. Instantly I was in his arms and looking into the eyes of my friend.

          “That I am,” I agreed and could feel Eric becoming territorial so I let go of Max and grabbed Eric’s hand.

          “We need to get you to Olympus! You’re mother and grandfather are practically crying ! Come!” Max held out his hand and I took it with my empty one.

          With a blink of any eye we were in the main hall of Olympus. White pillars, gods and goddesses, and big iron bowls of fire littered the walls for light.