Heart Shaped Love - Chapter 13

Chapter 13

My morning classes were extremely boring and my biology teacher had assigned a six page lab activity that was due at the beginning of next week.

Once the lunch bell rang, Kylie and I met Zayn outside of the locker rooms and walked to the cafeteria. Aside from Zayn having his arm rested around Kylie’s shoulder, everything was pretty much the same as last week.

When we entered the cafeteria, we headed straight towards the line that was surprisingly short. The special today was chicken noodle soup, which I ordered – along with a small fry, a yogurt parfait and an orange juice. I paid for my own food, but noticed that Zayn paid for both his and Kylie’s lunch.  When we all had are food, we headed for our usual table near the back of the cafeteria.

After five minutes of basically silent eating, I put my spoon down and stared at my two best friends on the other side of the table. They quickly noticed the change of atmosphere and looked at me questioningly.

“So…” I stated.

Zayn shook his head slightly and crossed his arms, leaning back against his chair. “What do you wanna know Lex?” he asked with a slight smirk on his face.

I shook my head laughing. “I would have never guessed that you two would end together. How did this even happen? I mean I only figured out that Kylie liked you last week, but since when did you like her?” I questioned Zayn while Kylie blushed slightly.

“Hmm... let me think” he said, teasingly stroking his chin with his thumb and index finger.

“Seriously Zayn” I said while rolling my eyes.

“Okay, well after that douche broke up with her I started getting feelings for her but I knew that she wasn’t ready for a real relationship just yet so I waited” Zayn answered shrugging his shoulders as if it was no big deal.

My eyes widened slightly at his statement. “You’ve liked her for basically a year?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah” he shrugged then looked at me jokingly. “What? Did you think that my crush just started last week? Get real Lexi” he asked while rolling his eyes.

“Well, I thought maybe like you missed her during the summer when she left for a month during August and you realized you felt a little more than friendship for her. I didn’t think that you were harbouring those feelings basically all of last year!” I exclaimed.

“Well, that’s how I role”