You're Alive?

He's yelling, but his words aren't being processed through Ed's brain.

Is that really him? Ed wonders. No, it can't be...

"...Oswald Cobblepot-" Ed's gaze immediately shoots up.

"Oswald?" He says shakily.

Oswald turns slowly around, unsure of what's happening at the moment. His right hand leaves the bar as his head rotates, hoping, praying, that Nygma isn't actually here. He's Oswald's only weakness, and he hasn't had time to think about just how to exterminate this issue.

"You're alive?" Ed says quietly. He says this with a cover of a dark tone, attempting to hide all of his mixed emotions. If you're not Oswald, it should be obvious that Edward is in a state of both relief and fear.

Oswald limps to the bars that separate the two men, confused and suddenly dazed. Here he is again, Edward fucking Nygma. But Oswald can't help but feel a mad dash of butterflies flutter in his stomach. Ed...

Oswald's hands grab the bars once again, this time close to Ed's body.

Moments pass to make what can't be more than a minute feel like forever. Ed's anxiety is practically blowing through the roof- in a mass chaos of guilt, happiness, shock, and anger. He tries to take a deep breath, and it ends up being a pathetic gasp for air when Oswald's eyes meet his.

Oswald stares at the taller man for a while, taking in the current happenings. Confusion runs over him when he realizes that he has no idea what to do.

In somewhat of a panic, Oswald shoves his arm through the bar aggressively and tries to grab Ed. Ed responds by jumping backwards and expressing his jolt.

More than anything, Edward felt hurt- emotionally. Most of it's Ed's fault, and he knows this. He had built up so much anger into Penguin, and now he wants to kill him.

Ed isn't sure of as to what Oswald would have done if he had grabbed a hold of him, but Ed was sure that it wasn't an affectionate gesture.

Oswald pulls his arm back and tries desperately to think of something to do. But his face reveals his mutual shock. His mouth parts open and his jaw clenches- Ed knows this is a sign of deep thought.