Prologue

The Earth was redesigned, the seven continents had merged to form one single super-continent that they called "Astron." 

Leaders of all nations underwent an election to elect the supreme president that would be responsible for keeping everything and everyone in order. The rest becomes a member of the Astron Union, the organization that would help the supreme president  fulfil his duties. 

After many years of following this system, the new supreme president, Matilda Amethyst had declared Martial law. She changed the system of freedom, the system that the people had lived by since the Earth was redesigned. She made borders. . . She isolated the people, Matilda divided the Astron into four territories. The North Republic, the Southen City, Western Colony and the Eastern State. The North Republic, being the Metropolis. 

Years after the reformat, the territories have been devasted with poverty, familes have not seen their other relatives from the other territories because it has been made illegal to cross the borders. Punishment has never been identified because the crossers have not been seen since. Territories are deeply differentiated, Amethyst made sure that all contact from territory to territory has been terminated, she believes that attachments causes an undisciplined society. 

Soon, the Astron Union had established a development program for young intelligence. Gathering intelligence from every territory and building them up as leaders who would soon take over. Every year they recruit three from each territory, having each undergo an intelligence test to be deemed qualified. Qualifiers are soon called Scholars who would soon compete for the title of the ultimate intelligence that would succeed the current supreme president.